How long do you wait from the season's start to try a new ski or new bindings?

BlueSki

• Baller
In other words, do you start with the new gear on day one or two, or do you get in a good number of sets to shake off the cobwebs before breaking out the new ski or new bindings? If you wait, how many sets do you do before the cobwebs are gone and you feel like you are ready for the new gear?

• Baller

Any time I feel I need a change in my gear, I just change, ski, bindings, whatever I believe will help my skiing. Just not before tournaments.

Usually don't change that often, when I like a ski I keep it for at least 2 years and I'm on the same bindings The last 8 years (Reflex-RTP).

• Supporting Member

The crazy part is these skis are all so goddam good!

It feels like just yesterday that nobody cared about this market. Now in 2016, just off the top of my head I can think of NINE skis that somebody could reasonably claim is the best ski ever made. Denali, Rev6, ARC, Warp, MC, GT, Vapor16, T3, V-Type-R. And I'm sure I'm forgetting a few that should be on that list as well.

Cool time to be an addict.

Hey guys, I just upgraded from a D3 nomad to a 2018 KD platinum. How long do you think it takes to get used to a ski generally? Had two sets so far and not yet where I was on my old ski. Thanks in advance for any input. :)

• Baller_
Assuming that you have the correct fin settings and that you are using your old bindings, you should know if the ski is going to work for you in a couple of sets. A lot depends on how the ski is set up and how experienced you are in making necessary fin adjustments to get the ski tuned to work its best for you.

Lpskier

• Baller
If you aren’t comfortable on your old ski and binder how can you evaluate something new? I wait to I can ski my norm before I try anything different. To easy to chase your tail and go down a dead end.