Lost Temp Guage Function After Zero Off Conversion

jipster43

• Baller

My ski partners and I purchased a 2004 196 limited with 670 hours and promptly converted the bugger to Zero Off, but upon completion our temperature gauge and our oil pressure gauge stopped working. The Zero Off works great, and we've checked all the grounds, but still those two gauges aren't working.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be? Could we have a faulty gateway? Has anyone come across this when they did the conversion? We figured we'd post here before we started buying new gauges & stuff.

Thanks in advance!

dbpa4d4fkxik.jpeg

• Baller
@jipster43 the gauges in SN have a hx of going out, I would put new gauges in and see if it fixes the problem. On another note, we lost radio reception after our ZO conversion. We have replaced the antenna and radio but the reception is still bad. Anyone have a solution for this problem? Sorry to hijack the post......

• Baller

Update. The digital readout for temp that is in the speedometer also shows 0 deg, so I don't think it's the gauge. The Tach and Oil Pressure work, but both fluctuate while operating the boat, weird. Also the hour meter is a zero and we've put a couple hours on it since the conversion.

All of the other gauges work, voltmeter, gas level, air temp, lake temp, depth...

Any other ideas?

• Baller
I had some funky tach and temp readings on my 02 196 ZO last week. Ended up being a bad ground at battery post. I replaced broken battery clamps last year with quick lock clamps and the wire clamp attachment had loosened up.

Hey Justin, when I swapped my 03 SN over to ZO a number of my gauges didn't work either. I had to move a few of the wires around within the plugs that connected to gateway box. It's been so long ago I can't remember which wires had to be moved, but the Inboard Solutions guys helped me figure it out and eventually I was able to get them all working again.

• Baller

Correct Craft daisy chains there gauges if you lost just one gauge most likely bad gauge or sending unit or ground if you lost all gauges on one side of the dash something didn't get plugged back in

Try that