Hilltop Pro-Am 2

Horton

• Administrators

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2016/hilltop2.jpg

HO Skis is proud to support the 2nd year of the Hilltop Pro-Am, in Arlington Washington. It will take place on July 16-17th and include a purse of $6,000 for pros and merchandise for amateurs! Day 2 will feature paired teams of pros and juniors battling it out on the beautiful man-made lake an hour north of Seattle, home lake of HO Skis.  Last year’s event saw Will Asher edge out Terry Winter in an epic showdown run-off. Check out highlights from last year’s Pro-Am! For more info and/or to sign up, click here!
http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2016/Asher.gif

• Baller
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. For someone who skis a lot open water but on average only gets to ski in a course 2 to 3 times a year, it is hard to think I'll "be ready" to ski in a tournament at any given moment. This year I've got a ski trip planned the Monday and Tuesday before the Ball of Spray tournament so my in my head "I might be ready", but the whole scene is new and intimidating. @Horton if I'm part of the target audience / participant for the event it would be great to do a "first timers guide" with info like, do I have to be a usaw member, when do you show up, when do you ski, what are the rules, how long and show can I start. Maybe you already have this and I just haven't run across it. I'm sure once you have done one it would be much less scary.

• Baller

@lundberg sounds like Ski Park is full, look at the schedule on usawaterski.org for a tournament with a Grass Roots division. Grass Roots is a lot less intimidating.

PM me if you want to come up and take a rip at the course.

• Baller
Great people, great setting and great skiing! Very cool to see the top guys giving 41 off a rip. The best part might have been three of my kids seeing a 7 year old (Jaden) out running the course. As he was skiing they were all pulling on my arm wanting to try skiing on one! They met him afterwards and spent the rest of the day catching frogs and snakes while "Dad" watched more skiing!

• Baller

The most fun I have had at a tournament in a long time. Great Skiing and great people. It was very cool to share the starting dock with the pros. Terry Winter had the run of the tournament, a very strong tailwind 39 that did not look possible, Terry Winter is an incredible skier. To make it more interesting he was on a brand new ski that he had two rides on prior to the tournament. It was also the best tournament of my life I ran my 32 off pass all 4 rounds, I have only run that pass in multiple rounds once and that was the weekend before the pro am. Becky (did not get her last name) is an incredible driver. Men 4 was lucky enough to be grouped with the pros and we skied behind Becky all 4 rounds.

To top it off Bud Clarkson and I went to dinner with TW and Greg Tate and shared a few adult beverages. Lots of hilarious stories that can't be posted online. Thanks guys it was a blast.

• Baller_
Becky Lathrop from Florida is one of the best people in our sport. We were fortunate to have her attend the event and help all weekend. Hilltop is one of the best ski sites in North America, and is available for us to use the weekend of August 20. The cash prize event will ROCK.