Stargazer speed question

Tdub

I upgraded to Stargazer a couple years ago on a 2004 SN 196. It seems like the system works very well but I am curious how much the speed should fluctuate during a pass. Times are always right on the money but as I watch the speedo I noticed that the speed can increase up to 35.5 mph and go as low as 33.2 during a pass. I realize the the system must make up time during a pass but is this normal and is there a way to soften this increase and decrease? Just curious I guess.

Cheers.

Tom

• Baller
You can tune some of that fluctuation out. I have a document that helps do it that I can send to you when I am back home. Unfortunately I haven't been home for a week and a half and it is on my backup hard drive at home not on my work computer. If you message me your email address I will try to remember to send it on Friday which is pretty much my only day home over the next couple of weeks.

• Baller
Look at the ball times with the down arrow. They should be within a couple of thousandths ball to ball. Any more than that It will be hard to ski behind and feel like crap. You have to play with background settings to get it right.

• Baller
I notice tis in trick mode pulling my daughter swivel @ 15.6 it runs 15.4 - 15.8 some time in the wind / with the wind variations- In slalom we increased the crew weight and that seems to have helped a fair amount. the fluctuation @ 32 -34 is within a couple 10ths as well. Along side my Stargazer is a GPS speedo and they run very close.

• Baller

@Chef23,

I'm still having some problems with my gate to 3 ball. I have version 8.05 with Z box. My times are all really close everywhere in the course but it seems that between 1 and 3 it will accelerate and hold so that it gets a good 3 ball time and then everything goes back to normal the rest of the way through the course. I'm using the + setting, I've messed with the gate to 3 settings (maybe not enough) I have my crew weight at 350. Ideas?

• Baller

Just to add some info...

I'm running SG with version 8.0.5.

Here are my settings for Gate, Ball 1 and Ball 3 at 55kph.(34mph)

25, 18, 20

Made a big difference. (The key setting I think was reducing the Ball 1 setting from factory at about 80 down to 18)

As before, there was a huge surge mid course.

Try that to see if it helps.

• Baller
@hemlock You mean reducing the ball 3 setting to 18. I would agree with you. The ball 0ne setting would typically go up as your is. (if I remember right it's 5 from the factory) Raise the ball one setting until ball two is right on the money. Reduce the ball 3 setting and the last as needed. That will do the trick.

• Baller
@"Steven Haines" I think you are outside of my knowledge base now. I am not running Stargazer. I would try dropping the 3 ball setting some more and see if that helps. I dropped everything really low until I was running slow in the first half of the course then brought them back up.