Photos from Western Regionals

Horton

• Administrators

I am NOT at regionals but people keep sending my pictures. Feel free to add your own

Hmmmm I wonder what the theme of these images is?

D3 ARC's top Western Regional podiums...

M8 Frank Harrison, M6 Will Bush

M4 Leigh Sheldrake, M7 Gordon Rathbun.

m89a8q3ib9bl.jpg

This is my dad AKA Dr. Jack & Ron Phelps getting some hardware in Mens 5000 slalom

32gq7d3ggpab.jpg

• Members
Steve Grubbs and I managed to combine for the rare and embarrassing double Rico. Congratulations to M3 newbie Tylor Brenchley, who is too young to know you shouldn't, as an old man, throw your ski outside of 6 for 5.25. It worked out well for him though, but sets a dangerous example for old men skiing girls speed who can get hurt doing stuff like that.

• Baller
@Marco Leigh deserved it. We all had our chance but he put up a score. A vast majority of us didn't ski up to our averages. The run off for second was exciting but when it actually needed to get done, he got it done.

Sorry @brettmainer I was not given the M3 briefing before hand but in my defense if you wouldn't have put up the monster score to begin with I wouldn't need a chiropractic adjustment today. Great skiing and for future reference is that just a regionals rule or do I need to keep that in mind for nationals next month as well?

• Baller

I was judging Tyler Benchley - it was a full half. Clearly and that's what he actually scored. Judges at the far end should never call 1/4 at 6 ball. And kudos to Tyler for going for it.

@scotchipman Brian and Keith say you are a flake for not showing. I was hoping to meet you.

After judging M2 and M3, I'm fired up to slalom again. Great skiers all.

The site is fantastic and the people are great. Thanks to all the Idaho crowd and the folks who supported them.

Eric