Engine issue/question

Glock

• Baller
My 2012 txi with 5.7 monsoon seems to be having a small issue. WIth a relatively cold engine in the first run up of the day, as I apply throttle, the engine sputters a bit. Never happens again, just that first run up. Any ideas what it could be?

Not real familiar with marine engines but they all go suck, squish, bang, blow. So my first question, is there a check engine light? no is possible and there could still be a trouble code on the ecm without a light, maybe a cylinder misfire. First check would be spark in all cylinders. New Plugs might be the cheap fix. Now days im guessing each cylinder has its own coil pack which would result in a much more obvious problem like a significant lack of power if one were to fail. Alternately, sounds like a possible failing oxygen sensor thats not happy until it reaches optimal running temp. Doubtful to cause any damage when it does fail, just an inconvenience to a day of skiing. Just some thoughts from an old car nerd.

• Baller
@Glock do you continuously use any fuel stabilizer? I had a similar issue and actually traced it down to using the Sta-bil ethanol treatment stuff. Stopped using stabilizer all together and the problem is gone.