2017 HO Course Collection - HO VTX and Syndicate Series

Horton

That VTX is a wild looking beast. Interested to ride one after having owned the VTR. Dave said the VTX is confidence inspiring, that is something that I have always looked for in whatever I was doing. Did quite a bit of riding on road courses on a motorcycle and that was always the feel I was looking for. Didn't always want the fastest feeling setup or bike, but something smooth and confidence inspiring I could concentrate on my riding... Just like my skiing.. Awesome stuff!

• Administrators
I heard months ago that this ski would be crazy looking but I did not think it would be this crazy looking. I can hardly wait to try it.

• Baller
Personally I like the graphics on my 16 black VTR better... Also, they say it rides deeper in the water which I'm pretty sure will normally mean slower. In all likelihood I will probably give one a go next year but when I'm skiing good the VTR is hard to beat for me

• Baller
I like the way they have setup the spine for mounting the boots, very clever. Will be really interested in how this new ski performs in the hands of the average guys like myself. The value of stability in a high end ski always seems to take a back seat to the speed conversation. Personally the reference to stability gets my attention. Interesting comment by Asher about taking the pull out past the wakes as well, I don't think he meant just ride the line out...

• Baller

I'm confused (perhaps from too many barefoot falls last night?)... does the VTX replace the V-Type R in the line up?

Is the VTR (old v-Type R?) now the women's line or is this a new ski too?

As for the 'new boots too' comment, are they new? They look like the 2016 vMax boots I bought last month.

• Baller

VTR is still a very relevant shape and stays in the line. We'll be offering the VTR in a Women's graphic and layup as well.

VTX is a completely different shape and feel. We've had great success with having two Syndicate skis in the line over the years, so we've moved that direction again for 2017. It just took a couple years in development. When you see one in person and get a chance to ride it, you'll understand why.

As far as new boots, we 'pre-launched' the Syndicate Hardshell system at Nationals this week. It is a collaboration with the guys at Reflex, using their release mechanism, but redesigning the boot/plate interface.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

@ALPJr Yes, for 2017, vMax gets a removable liner. This is the same heat moldable liner we are offering with the Syndicate Hardshell.

@fox197 We co-developed what you see on the Edge product. JT was instrumental in this process. Ours is identical to Edge, but with Syndicate badging.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

@savaiusini Hopefully you guys run the same $50 demo program next summer. I will be trying both the Syndicate skis with the new bindings if you do before I buy. Will be my first Syndicate equip upgrading from your Superlight crossover equip.

• Baller
@fox197 Yes that one. Basically a Reflex style release system. Very nice looking setup. @ALPJr it is used as an aggressive skate boot, which has laces. This is a pre-release model, so final production models may not have the lace holes.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller

I saw the binding and ski up at Nationals and spoke with Bob - a couple of observations...

The front toe strap seems legit (my biggest concern). Has some kind of plastic coating.

The heel cup on the Reflex has been expanded to cradle the entire boot. On the plus side there would seem to be a lot of stability, on the downside I don't know if the "boot cup" will fit any other shell.

I know there was some chatter elsewhere about the durability of 3D printing... all I can say is that it passed the look test from me. Didn't seem flimsy.

The "boot cup" can fit on a normal Reflex plate (as shown above) so it can be used on any ski, or it can be removed from the plate and mounted directly to the VTX ski for even greater contact (I thought this was brilliant).

Buckles are new and improved.

I'll say the VTX just looks and feels different than other ski I've seen. Bob said they went back to the A1 concepts as a starting point.

Very tempting to plunk down a chunk of change to try it, but 2 with kids in 3 events and one more coming up... equipment purchases for myself have to be weighed carefully. :+

• Baller

@ALPJr yes, the boots will be available in either a standard plate or a direct connect version.

@mmosley899 the boots at the Nationals were in fact final production models. Lace holes are in the Edge version too, from what I've seen.