Looking for new Handle/Rope

JAG

• Baller

I'm currently using a 'Brenda's' straight, narrow handle and rope and it's getting to the point.....

Has anyone tried a curved handle (ARS) with a thicker diameter? Advantages/Disadvantages?

My current handle is the small one, .970", I believe.

thanks,

RPG

Hey @rpg , I have used both curved and straight handles as well as handles of all diameters. The short answer in my opinion is that it is 100% personal preference. For what it is worth - I went from a .970 to a 1.+ and did not like the change - very quickly went back to what I was use to. For me, it was a noticeable distraction with the thicker handle. I was always adjusting my hands - which previously was something I never thought about.

• Supporting Member

I have the 13" BB2 ARS Radial Spectra Handle, 1.062, with the Cross Bar. Completely happy with it on all fronts. After reading some posts about guys with sore elbows and the relief a Bent handle may bring, I went with the Bent handle. I wear xxl masterlines (as well as my bro-in-law) and the handle still has a nice grip after 15 months.

It is a personal preference, but no one complains in my boat (or they don't want to see me pull out the back-up).