How to measure ski length ?

Glydon

• Baller
Hi Ballers , if anybody can help I know you can. I am looking at a 2012 HO A2 , however the seller says no tag on it to state the ski length. He put a tape on it and from tip to tail on top sheet not following curve in the ski it is 65.5 , when he follows the curve of ski on bottom it is 66.5 . I suspect you do not follow curve. I am kinda bummed cause I want the ski however not bad enough to ride one that is too short. Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

• Baller
Bottom is the typical measurement. I haven't skied on a Goode for a while, but they were the only ones that measured on top without the curve. My 67" Goode was a top measure, but the bottom was a 68" and identical to my 68" HO and D3 skis.

• Baller
Just read my above post and just to clarify I really only want to determine is this a 66.5 according to HO and therefore suits my weight range or is it a 65.5 and I will be too heavy. I am a 165 lb 36 mph skier. Anyone have a HO contact @Horton perhaps ?

• Baller

I had the same ski. It is measured by following the bottom curve. It skis more like a 67, while the 67.5 skis more like a 68.

I tried both before deciding on the 66.5 and I came off a 66.75 A1

I'm 185 5.10 and skied at 34 mostly. The 66.5 probably better but the 65.5 wouldn't be that small for you at 36, personal preference imo

• Baller
@Horton I called last week and spoke to Matt , GREAT customer service he said they use top measure BUT the 65.5 would be the right ski for me based on 165lbs @ 36 mph. Thanks to all who replied . @savaiusini If you can confirm would be great , thanks.

• Baller
@Glydon sorry I missed this post earlier. Matt works for me. I remember him asking me about this last week (I think while you were on hold). So he advised you correctly... ;)

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations