2017 HO Bindings

Shakeski

• Baller
Our entire 2017 line will go live on our website the week of September 8th in conjunction with Surf Expo. Between now and then, I can field any questions you may have.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

Do you know if they fixed the boots so they have more flex to the rear? The current generation are terribly stiff and tend to cause excessive wheeling when other bindings are considerably more forgiving in this area. I've also had to buy new binding every year due to the lace holders ripping out of the boot and or the boot coming apart where the front of the boot is stitched to the base.

• Baller

@herseyj What boot are you using currently? Your dealer should be taking care of you on any breakage issues under our one year warranty. Our dealers can often get you into a replacement on the spot then work with us on the back end for a replacement of their inventory. I have heard of VERY few issues with hardware ripping out or uppers coming unstitched. If something is less than a year old, you should not be buying new boots whatsoever.

If for some reason your dealer isn't willing to remedy these issues for you, I would like to know about it. If that is the case, we will be happy to assist you here at the factory.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

Apex is the current boot. They usually make it about 13 months to just put me out of warranty. I'm happy to send pictures of all the repairs I've had to make to keep them going. They are used 6 days a week so I put them to the test.

• Baller

I'm curious to see what the new 2017's are. I was on Animals for 15 years (3 different pairs) and made the switch to the 2016 vMax boots last month and wow(!), should have switched off the Animals years ago. I knew there were issues with lateral support but man I did not realize how much. The control over the ski now is crazy. Who knew my offside turns and transition back to and through the wake could be so good!

Not much talk on here about the latest Vmax boots. I tried on the HO vMax, Radar Vapor boots and the Connelly Sync bindings and the vMax just felt the best, they are very comfortable all the way around. They felt great the first set and are just getting better.

• Baller

@herseyj Apex was discontinued in 2014. 6 days a week is pretty heavy usage for any boot. PM me some photos and I'll see what I can do.

And yes, compared to Apex there is considerably more range of motion rearward on all the 2017 boots... and comfort!

• Baller

@Shakeski, come south a little bit (Essex) and you can give them a try. I've only been able to get two sets on mine so far (thanks again @savaiusini!) but love'em. Now that tradeshow season is over I expect to get quite a bit of use out of them.

They fit great, quality is top notch, and they work as advertised. :)

• Baller

@savaiusini could you hint please - this new hardshell is more for narrow foot or wider one?

From Normal to narrow OR from Normal to wide?

Ones it will be available I want to order one. But I do not have right to miss, because it virtually impossible to send it for return or for change from Russia.

I have a "normal-to-wide" foot.

• Baller
@hemlock vMax has a removable liner with a Velcro closure. The liner is designed to act as a sliding surface inside the boot and reduce the amount of force necessary to eject the skier in a fall situation. This, in conjunction with bungee laces on the upper half of the boot, is how the foot is intended to release. As with any lace-up boot system, lace tension applied by the skier has a direct effect on whether the boot will let you out in a the event of a fall or not.