Mike's Overall Binding - MOB

MattP

• Baller

Mike’s Overall Binding

The next generation of the releasable overall binding system from Mike’s Overall Binding, aka the MOB, was introduced to water skiers at the USA Water Ski Nationals.

The MOB release system has reduced weight with a smaller spring housing than his previous OB system, and incorporates an easier to use plastic adjustment screw mechanism. The new MOB boot mounting plate has been designed using a lower profile composite G10 material, which allows better flex and rebound for improved performance. The redesigned boot plate also features mounting slots that allow easy mounting of most common styles of hard shell boots. You can also use the soft fit style boots available from most major water ski manufacturers.

Additional new features to the MOB are trick ski mounting slots forward of the boot, a sturdier solid mounting plate, and a micro-just system mounting hole. The mounting slots are set to the common water ski manufacturing insert pattern.

The MOB team is currently sourcing a stock boot for the system. We believe that the skier should have a choice of their boot. We encourage users to stick with their current boot so that they can retain the same comfort on their ski while adding the safety of the MOB system.

The system designer, Mike Mosley has been using this type system in competition for over twenty years, and continues to refine the system.

Check our website at : www.mobsystemrelease.com or on Facebook at @MikesOverallBinding

Information Contact: Mike Mosley, Owner-Dseigner @mmosley899

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2016/FullSizeRender.jpeg

• Baller

Super interested in hearing people's opinion of this system. I'm considering a change from Wiley's and want to find the safest system available.

This looks like a really nice design. I like the fact the Mike has been refining the system for the past 20 years with no injuries.

• Baller
@OB1 glad your ankles survived, sorry your ribs took the impact. It was a big splash! I had a big fall on Sunday after over turning a buoy and getting pulled out the front. Both feet came out as they should, but my rear boot is the same size as the front boot, and releases very easily. Heal up quickly!

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller
@OB1 I'm just under a year on the Reflex front R-style rear. Probably released around 6 times guessing. The rear always came out except one of the worst falls I've had in years where I went out the front and had a end over end tumble. Front came out right away but the rear stayed in. It twisted my leg some, ankle was a little sore but mainly just really sore between ankle and knee. My ski partner using a RTP and had a fall where the front released but his rear stayed in and hurt his ankle. I been leaving the rear loose as I can an still feel safe. I've been thinking of removing the rear buckles and putting bungee laces.

Question on this system. I'm a rtp skier, hate the idea of a rear boot, I've tried it and if I had to I would tolerate, but rather not. I'm currently on Wiley's front boot as rtp and this has basically what I've always used. Released in every way possible without any type of injury or even pain. Will this system with rtp release as easy? The reason I'm asking is I'm skiing more than ever now and the Wiley's cause my foot to cramp. Also what all would I need? Just the system and buy a hardshell of my choice? I didn't see where I can buy a complete set up.

• Baller
@paco the system works great with a rtp, and will release consistently in all directions. You can choose to use any boot that is comfortable without cramping. You can provide the boot of your choice, or I can get whatever boot you want and mount it up for you. Email me.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller