How many new PB on new ski?

MichaelGoodman

• Administrators

@MichaelGoodman problem is some people got new skis that weren't as good as the ski they had before. Some people were on absolutely terrible skis and anything could be better. And so on...

meh. Whatever. hopefully folks will have fun talking about their new stuff.

• Baller
In the last three years I've ridden 8 skis. All of them have been within a buoy of each other, and all right at not my personal best, but my "that was a good day" score at least one time. The difference has been consistency of hitting that score, and the ease with which I get there. It seems to me that a number of the newer skis are just easier on my body, so while I don't necessarily pick up buoys, I'm picking up good scores more often with less tax on my body.

• Baller
Unlike a lot of you guys I've never been a short line skier beyond some forays into 22 off with a tournament PB of 1 @ 22 off/36 mph back around 1982. Injuries and long periods off the water took me out of the sport and I had pretty much written off any chance of shortening the rope. The last few years I was content to bang around a few balls at 15 off @ 32 mph. Then I got interested again after stumbling across BOS this past spring. I bought a new HO CX Superlite in April and got a bit of coaching. Yesterday I ran 28 off back-to-back behind a ZO SN200 (still @ 32 mph) in a head wind and a tail wind and have a new practice PB of 2 @ 32 off. I'm just now starting to pick up the speed again but the new ski (and newfound interest) have been remarkable for me at age 60!

• Baller
The last 2 skis that I bought took me to new Tournament PBs. Honestly, @ESPNSkier nailed it. Renewed or increased interest drives improvement. New skis help, but skiing with skiers who can help take you to the next level, makes just as much if not more of an impact. Add BOS and the knowledge sharing that goes on here and you have a recipe for PBs.