Vapor boots -removing inner stiff piece

cragginshred

• Baller

I just replaced my 4 year old Vapor boots with the green ones (front one first). The rear one went on last week and has been a bugger to break in. Matt Rini mentioned removing the stiff inner piece and others here mentioned doing that in the new Carbitex boots too.

Problem is the inner piece is stitched in at the bottom. For those who have removed it -did you cut it out? If so did you remove just the ankle portion or the foot sidewall part too? Method?

Thanks,

Don

• Baller

@wtrskior I thought of that,..it's literally a flap at the ankle sewn in at the bottom and separated from the front foot flap by a little margin. So although its thick, I could likely cut it with sheet metal shears or something.

I mentioned cutting it to Matt Rini and he said 'give it time'.

• Baller

@Jordan you are right and so was Matt Rini. Last night I skied great and they are better than ever. They are now broken in but one huge factor was Matt's suggestion to position the back boot toed OUT -which externally rotates the hip and allowed for a much better 1/3/5

When I began this thread I did not know the newer liners had the extra piece on the side. I was referring to the flap in the shell.

• Baller

@cragginshred - leave those shell flaps in tact. Key to the binding functionality.

Also, be careful to never let them get curled under by the liner. Always make sure they are flat and up. Once they get curled and stored or skied on like that, they tend to never stay perfectly flat again.