What is behind your Vapor?

SkiRV

• Baller

Following the earlier Reflex boot thread, I am curious about what other rear boot set ups people are using with a front Vapor or Strada.

I have been using double RS-1 on the Sequence plate for years and was about to upgrade to the new Vapors. I run my rear boot very loose and was considering maybe going to the Vector or HRT

• Baller

I would not recommend going to a vector or any other rear boot where the liner doesn't come out. From my own personal experience those boots do not released as well as the strada/vapor. I Feel if you are running the vapor front, your options are as follows for The rear: vapor, hrtp, rtp, possibly reflex rtype if you are considering going reflex front.

If you are good running rear super loose trying the hrtp or even an rtp could be beneficial.

• Baller
Vector and Profile will release just fine if you do them up right. Wear a sock if your that worried about it, you will fly out of them. I run a cut down vector behind my Vapor boot and will switch to an Reflex R style as soon as it arrives.

• Baller

@Porkfight I understand the thinking:

A full rear boot seemed pointless the way I was tensioning it.

But (I think) just that little bit of lateral stiffness in the Vapors makes a world of difference, regardless of how tight you do the bungees. It's an interesting experiment: if you don't tighten (even your front) boot, you may find you ski pretty close to your best in loose vapors. My 2¢.