Flashback to Nano 1

Horton

• Administrators

I pulled my old Nano 1 off the rack today since I heard Goode was bringing it back. The old ski is exactly the way I remembered it or maybe even better than I remembered. Not super fast but ridiculously forgiving. I ran two 32s, a 35, a 38, and 2 @ 39. That equals my practice and tournament PB.

For me 38 is pretty hit and miss. Anytime I run it I'm darn happy. To run it first set on N1 in a few years is an eye opener. I'm not saying the 38 I ran was pretty. It was pretty horrendous but in the end 6 balls is 6 balls.

• Baller

That's why I like this web site. I loved the 9100 butt I like the 9200 better nobody that I skied with liked it as much as the 9100. I think the 9100 was a game changer. It's nice to see @Horton goes back and rides past review skis.

• Administrators
Best part is the look of disbelief on my neighbor / boat driver Bob's face when I pull out some random ski and run 38 first try.

• Administrators

@dthate the reason why I pulled out my old N1 is that I am getting one of the reissued skis next week from Goode.

I am going to do a mini review on the reissued skis and then the plan is to do a Rev6 review in the spring.

• Administrators

@Zman that is sort of unofficially in the works.

@MISkier 9500 was a big deal in it's day but i do not think it is on the MOASS short list like the N1

I am also looking forward to Rev6. Seems like the buzz on that ski started slow and is building.

• Baller
imo the N1 is more foregiving and a bit less critical on setup. It seems the XT has a bigger flatspot which i believe gives it the increased crosscourt speed, but it gives up a bit of turning ability for that advantage. You need to try both to pick the right stick for your style.