Bimini for LX

Bill22

• Baller

Any of you guys and gals have a bimini top on a Lx without a tower?

My Lx has a tower and a bimini. I am kicking around the idea of taking off the tower because I don't use it. Then I would need a new bimini. The only issue is would a normal bimini block access to the bow? I don't use the bow very often either. We mostly only use it for dropping people off at the dock or as a font ski trunk when we have the portable course in the boat.

• Baller

@Stejcraftben You have a bit of a walk through bow so that bimini can work. For us LX guys, you have to climb over the dash to get into the bow which would put people on their hands and knees...................Hmmm...I've just suddenly started thinking about how awesome a bimini top would be when the girls want to get in the bow seating. o:)

I have a standard bimini top that I used once before putting a tower on. IMO the bimini is great for course skiing for only a couple people. For open water with 4+ people, the bimini is a real PITA. Then again I'm a morning or evening skier so it's kind of rare that I'm out midday when the sun is really bad.