Is there a Zero Off Easter egg?

Horton

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

@Horton I think it’s the new + version “R”, maybe @skierjp will see this and let us know. If it is, and they are using it in tournaments, this should not be happening.

[throwback to the mid 90’s: PP changed the parameters to the boats at regionals just prior or as they arrived at Crystal Lake. Everybody “felt weird”, except the locals, and scores were down. I believe that this is why afterward they instituted the “can’t change speed control during the season” rule

• Baller
From what I understand, the new 100S version doesn't change the normal setting for slalom. It only affects the "+" settings. So it would only affect a few if any individuals. In all the time I have been driving tournaments, I have never had anyone ask for "+".

• Baller
Correct, but if a skier that has access to a v.S and drew nautique at nationals/ regionals and has been practicing with the new + version ,that you will likely see more people using because it’s so awesome ( I’m told, I haven’t tried it because I didn’t want to know)... simple: it’s not within the rules and not fair

• Baller
The .mot file is named "E1886030A_S100.mot", hence "100S" I guess. That first part before the underscore is for the model number so I'm assuming that could be different. That's the ZO model number that's in my '16 TXi.

• Baller
Yeah. Updated it a couple of weeks ago. I'm recovering from a slipped disc so I'm not back to normal yet, but I'd say that it's definitely much improved, although it doesn't quite feel like rev Q in trick mode.

• Baller

@acmx I don't believe version S + has the higher gate approach speed, but can't say for sure. I just saw your question and I already pulled my boat and am headed to regionals or I would have tested for you. I can confirm what @skierjp stated, all boats at MW Regionals and Nationals will have version S. Don't worry about a software change that you aren't accustomed to, as the only change is to +, everything else that 99.999% of skiers have been using is unchanged. If you are big and pull hard you will LOVE +! My boat will be pulling MW Regionals and Nationals. I have now been to five tournaments and have not heard any negative comments from skiers in the water or after their sets on shore, it is a very good boat, lots of positive comments though!

• Baller

8.10.H Software changes are permitted as approved by the Towboat Committee at any time during the season, except that no changes that affect skier pull will be permitted between July 1 and the conclusion of that year’s National Tournament.

vS was released July 2

What am I not understanding here.?

• Administrators
@Drago I am pretty sure it was. I think there is some confusion in this thread. As I understand it the new version deletes the old Plus and replaces it with a mild Trick Mode. Besides that I am unaware that there is a new software changes on the horizon. So if you do not want the extra juice of the new Plus mode there are no changes for you. I do know that the one 2019 Nautique I have skied behind had the new software and my new 2018 ProStar also has the new stuff.

• Baller

Well, I’m heading for hills with snow on them instead, but if I were going to Nationals and told the new game-changing + software upgrade was not to be used in tournaments until after Nationals , and now, pffft, out of thin air it is available ( and the old plus version that certainly someone uses is not available) I’d be pretty damn pissed off. And to top it off available to only one manufacturer.

The ZO press release said it was available July 2, and the rules clearly state software cannot be changed after July 1.

• Baller
@Dragi my '19 was shipped on 6/6 and already had version S installed. That was a new version coming out prior to the 7/2 cutoff in my opinion. Also, I haven't had anyone ever ask for + on the old version at a tournament. I tried using it at first and it just didn't work for me. + on the new version works great for me and is much kinder to my body, wish it was on all of the other boats.

• Baller

Seems the more options you get with ZO the more skiers try to get back that PerfectPass feel, and yes the trick mode looks and sounds like more fun (something we seem to be missing alot lately since the down your throat intro from zero off and Nautique ! Just sayin'!

• Baller
I go to a fair amount of tournaments and none now is trying to get back to perfect pass feeling. in fact, in my 20 years of skiing, there are fewer injuries and higher scores than ever before. any struggling with zo is likely in need of coaching, as most of us are!

• Baller_

Used the + setting last night at a tournament and it was very helpful for me. I have struggled all season with a particular boat and this was like waving a magic wand. Back to my normal expectations and a normal performance. I was trying to deal with a feeling that the boat was just not there for me and that change corrected it for me.

Does anybody have the parameter chart from Zero Off showing the settings and the numbers affecting the pull and release with the plus settings for Rev S? Also, I can't recall the nuances of Rev S plus settings (a.k.a "trick mode") versus the Rev R plus settings. If anyone has a quick comparison of that, I would appreciate it.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.