Shopping now for a good used ski for 17 year old son.

sunvalleylaw

• Baller
He is getting into slalom with me. Freeskiing only so far. Has ridden primarily my 68" Nomad. Way too big for him. He weighs 145. So was thinking a used D3 to keep it in the family. Anyone have a good candidate? Figured a Nomad or Fusion or something similar would work for him to learn on. He will likely inherit my rebuilt Leverage bindings after I buy some T Factors later in the year. Or, I may use some good ol' Wiley's I have from my old Duvall. The Duvall is a 66", but it's top sheet completely peeled to the front binding (and the ski is dead anyways), so I don't want to put him on that, even though I have it duct taped back on (and used it that way for the rest of that season that year, before I got the Nomad. ;) Cheapskate. )

• Baller
@gregy Just learning. Pops right up every time. Uses quite a bit of his snow skiing style (he is a very strong and accomplished snow skier) in moving his hips in toward the turn to start. He started trying to let go of the rope last run he had, but it is all an experiment for him still. He would be better off working on his stack and the stuff in @Than_Bogan 's article before he thinks too much about that. He switched over fully to skiing from the wakeboard last summer. Has not hit the course at all yet. So I think a Nomad/Fusion/X7 or similar would probably be fine. Just was thinking maybe he should have a ski more in his size, as the 68" is pretty big with him at only 145lbs.