Edge vs Syndicate boot

Rob

• Baller

Hey all,

I have some questions about the Edge and Syndicate boots. The similarities between two is obvious. Are these in fact the same boot? Is it something HO licensed from Travers? Is the design actually from Travers or is it HO's? Anyone know what the real deal is here? Thanks!

Rob

• Administrators

@rob

Airkide is the French company that owns Reflex. Airkide also owns the patent / design for the Reflex system.

Airkide has licensed the design and supplies the release mechanism hardware to HO & Edge.

HO and Edge cooperate with each other but are clearly different entities.

Below is an exact quote from Edge:

Reflex just supplies the release mechanisms of Edge. This is the only and unique relationship that Reflex has with Edge. Edge is a "made in Orlando Company". Every decision and product improvements are done independantly in the USA.

The Edge, Reflex and HO bindings are 3 different and competitive products.

I do understand from previous posts that HO and EDGE are two completely separate entities and that there has been some sort of colaboration to produce this binding using a propietary design from Airkide (Release mechanism). The question is: If I am in the market for one of these boots and want to decide which way to go is there actually any difference worth noting between the edge boot and the syndycate hardshell? All the pictures I have seen they seem too similar, I have not been able to spot a single difference but the Company logo. Anybody who has actually seen both can comment?

I do understand from previous posts that HO and EDGE are two completely separate entities and that there has been some sort of colaboration to produce this binding using a propietary design from Airkide (Release mechanism). The question is: If I am in the market for one of these boots and want to decide which way to go is there actually any difference worth noting between the edge boot and the syndycate hardshell? All the pictures I have seen they seem too similar, I have not been able to spot a single difference but the Company logo. Anybody who has actually seen both can comment?

• Administrators

I got some clarification on this today.

The difference between the current Edge and Syndicate systems are mostly just the liner and the price.

So how to choose?

With the Syndicate version you get a very good heat moldable liner AND the company behind the product (warrantee, service, history). The Syndicate version is available from dealers like PerfSki.

With the Edge version you save about $70 dollars and order direct from Edge. The liner is ok and I would assume the in the future it will get better.

I like dealing with shops like PerfSki and I trust HO but I also like to save $70. You have to make up your own mind.

I spoke with JT directly about this at the Chicago Boat Show a few weeks back. Confirmed - the only difference is the liner and paint color. The plates are identical and the shells are the same. JT uses an HO liner in his Edge boot for what it is worth... (I do not know if I am allowed to say that or not...) :smile: