Forget performance... what do you think is the best looking ski ever?

Horton

• Administrators

My picks are

The SansRival SR2. You had to see it in person. It had a blue clear coat over a carbon cloth on top. It looked insane in the sunlight. I can not find a picture that does in justice.

The HO Superlite-CX Slalom Waterski 2014. Simple contours and mostly black. Again you have to see it in person.

http://www.boardco.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/800x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/o/ho_superlite_cx_water_ski_2014.jpg

Radar Vapor Graphite

2017_radar_vapor_graphite.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
To me the old O'Brien wood skis had even better inlay patterns than the others. For modern skis, the Vapors have been nice, as have a lot of skis, but the carbon fiber on a Sans Rival in the sunlight sure looks good...

I've been on a Sans Rival SR2 for the last four years and I just can't let myself replace it. It still skis bloody well, but I love the look and quality of construction.

My previous choice for best looking ski was the Obrien Quattro, but I didn't like the feel when I skied on one.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/RyanJMcGill/IMG_3021_zpslgmxa5il.jpg

• Baller

#4 Some of those Connelly wood skis were art. I had a Hook that was awesome but it got "hooked" out of my boat, sad day.

#3 Some of those older HO's were bad ass, very cool graphics.

#2 Fisher #1 was first carbon ski that elevated to the level of the Connelly woodies. Loved that ski.

#1 SansRival SR2 has to be seen to believe though. The perfection of the carbon under the clear coat. No waver, no bubble, no squish, all perfectly aligned. And that clear coat, perfect. Truely No Rival to that. Seemed it needed different settings for every 2 degrees of water temp though....

• Baller
@thager Yes the Torque Super Comp! I still have one of those complete with the red fiberglass overlay on the front binding. It's a wonder I never broke my ankle with that thing, kinda like an early hard shell with no release. I was looking at it in the garage the other day thinking of mounting it on a wall.

@BRY I haven't discovered the water temperature specific setting issues you found with the SR2.

In the last few months I have skied anywhere from 90 water temp to 55 (today). My settings haven't changed, the problem is always with me rather than the ski. I do use the carbon fin with a front ventral and the wing at 9 deg. So maybe it's the aluminium fin that was more sensitive to changing conditions.

• Baller
Thager, that custom ski of Jim's looks suspiciously like a CG top sheet glued onto a... hmmm, now let's see, what had an orange bottom and a tunnel from that era? And what brand did Lucky ski on after CG? I'm betting there's another classic graphic under the top sheet.