Ivan Morros Video

Dirt

• Baller

I got this video of Ivan Morros and thought I would share it. I really like his skiing. For those of you who don't know, he is the 35+ World Slalom Champion and made 2@41 in a high pressure tournament look easy.

• Baller

I have always looked up to Ivan growing up as a young skier in Italy, and he often came to tournaments in Recetto and Moncalieri. Fortunately, I also can call him a friend. Efficiency has always been a core quality of the way he skis, both in terms of load and amount of movements.

He is killing it at 34mph, but he also has a couple of podium at Open Euros on his palmares, so not shabby at all!!!

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller

I read somewhere that someone called Fredric Halt 'the best skier you've never heard of'. I mentioned that quote to Harald Hintringer; he said that's how he thought of Ivan Morros.

Ivan skis @ Sesena just outside of Madrid, which is a great, affordable place if to ski if you're looking for something a little different from Central Florida.

• Baller_

It's all about the gates folks....Ivan has it dialed. The only thing that changes as the line shortens is swing speed so everything literally happens faster. He changes nothing (all the passes look the same) other then the ability to process things faster while maintains same elements overall throughout course. Sooo cool to watch through the lenses with what I have learned over the past year. There really isn't very many skiers out there that can do what he does consistently. They do tend to stand out as smooooooth and effortless...because it is.

• Baller
I pulled Ivan in our last record tournament at Okeeheelee. He is very even off both sides, easy to know where he is and that makes it easy to drive for him. He ran 1.5@10.25 (I pulled Harold Hintringer in the same round to 2@10.25 for comparison). It was a 16mph cross wind that day and these guys skied like it was calm! I had not met Ivan before he jumped in the water for his round. I kept asking the boat judge "who is this guy, he skies great?" after every pass. When he ran 39 with the same even style as 35 and 38, I knew this was some skier on the line. Very nice guy to talk too as well. I always get feedback from anyone new I pull in a tournament and he was very easy going about the whole thing. He said he liked my driving, but not so much the wind :blush:

• Baller
Ivan is very impressive in all aspects of waterskiing. He is a perfectionist about his skiing and that shows in his efficient technique and results in tournaments. He is also a great coach who has the ability to connect with skiers to achieve success in their skiing. I have had the pleasure of getting to know him off the water as well and he is a great human being.

• Baller

When someone makes it look so easy, as Harald can as well...I think I should be able to do as they do.

Then I watch how they manage energy after the second wash, and how they continue to gain width on the inside turning edge...I don't have it. Energy to wide/high and energy to fast and down course are two very different possibilities.

I can kick butt to the wake but when going to turning edge I come up-course, and they remain outbound. Serious skiing from serious skiers and true of all at the top level, men/women/boys/girls.

Work to do for the rest of us mortals.