Top Mens skiers in the world - Shuffle the deck?

Horton

• Administrators

I was talking to some skiers this morning about Trick Mode. If we do get a new ZO map that has the attributes of Trick Mode it will benefit some skiers more than others. The current state is that Nate is clearly # 1. Freddie is # 2 and is chipping way at Nate. In a Trick Mode world I do not think # 1 & # 2 will change much but # 3 through # 10 could change a lot.

The question is .... for PURELY SENTIMENTAL reasons who is the one skier you want to see benefit the most?

• Administrators
My vote? I always have to cheer the veterans in the field. I always cheer for CP and Asher but the one most under rated skier in the last 10 years has to be Parsons. My vote goes to Parsons.

• Baller
I am always behind Freddie, but I have seen CP in practice when injured and it was impressive, he turned 2 ball @43 off, if he can get back to full fitness and get the mental approach right, he could be there in the top five, and I am sure we will see him on the podium he has everything to gain and nothing to lose.

• Baller_
CP,in my view, is the best skier out there but always lived in Andy's shadow, so he's a sentimental favorite. Joel, well he's a Connelly guy, a rare breed like me. Then there's Corey. Great kid, incredible grandson, wicked skier and looks like my late son's twin brother. He's my guy.

Lpskier

• Baller_

You all need to realize that it is not up to ZO to make these changes. Even not up to AWSA, IWSF nor the king of the world. It is up to the boat company's to provide and have certified a speed control they feel fit's the needs and works best for their prospective product..

So the statement needs to read they should be calling the boat companies to see how long it will take to produce a new control option..

These skiers seem to get better and better every year. How long can Nate remain dominate is any one guess, I think Freddy is the in the cat bird seat to take over as the top slalom skier. Paris is in Sept we will have to wait to see who is the World Champion..

• Baller

This discussion is about guys moving up the list... but what happened to KC? He has been MIA for over a year.

@lpskier I would love to see a Mapple ski on the podium at some pro events! I think this is the year. It would be cool to see CP make a big comeback too.

• Administrators
@BG1 I have $1,000 and I'll give you a hundred to one odds that the mens world record does not go up by exactly one quarter buoy.

• Baller
@Horton I did say "or so". I was in a hurry when I typed that. Point is I think those two factors, trick mode+T3, could put him back in the hunt for the slalom WR. 3 ball is his on side so getting back to the wakes for a full 3 @ -43 might be possible for him.

• Baller
@Stevie Boy I don't like Freddy Winter he is a very talented athlete I will give him that, but the way he skis is to wild and there for he keeps injuring himself. Water skiing is a totally different sport and you can push yourself but if you push too far you end up hurting yourself and thats why I don't like Freddy Winter because he is too much of a wild card to become world champ. Skiing is like surfing you have to be smooth.

• Baller
@rico I see what you mean by different types of skiers. I feel if Freddy Winter was smoother in the water he could definitely become #1. Smooth skiing is the only way to be a consistent skier in my opinion. Freddy seems very consistent at 39 but I feel he could get a little more consistent at 41 and from there 43 and soon the full pass at 43.

• Baller

I don't think smooth can be over emphasized. This in no way is a critique of FW or any other skiers, but it's rare in any sport for the dominant champion not to perform in a manner that makes it look easy. Currently in our sport, Nate is that guy. How many times have you said to yourself, or heard someone else say that 38, 39 and 41 looked the same when Nate was out. I don't agree with the attitude that 6 buoys is 6 buoys. It does matter how you do it. Scrapping out a pass where you made a bunch of mistakes but still managed to turn 6 is a tonne of fun, but running it and feeling like you could have turned 2 more? now that feels good.

All that being said, JMac is my guy, he's got 5, and he's LFF so it's only a matter of time before he runs it.

• Baller
Obviously being smooth is what we strive for, and in practice we can run as many smooth passes as we want, but it comes down to when your skiing a pro event, and conditions are less than ideal, and the pressure is on. Smooth isn't always possible, a lot of the time it isn't and in my mind when it comes down to it, 6 buoys is the only thing on my mind. That's all I'm trying to get across.

• Baller
Freddie is an incredible skier who uses all of his skill and athleticism to win. Same thing with Andy, the LaPoint brothers, Jeff, Nate, Will, Chris…Or any other top athlete in any real sport. I’m sure every one of them worked/are working incredibly hard to improve in any way possible.