CX Superlite Vs Syndicate

Wabobo

• Baller

I'm new to BOS. I recently started reading a bunch of forum posts as I'm in the market for a new ski, but I'm out of touch with the latest ski tech...so I'm severely under-educated here. I'm upgrading from an old 69" Connelly from 13 years ago. The ski is too long for me, and I didn't realize until I tried a friends ski (66"), that I have been working unnecessarily hard, and struggling, because of my ski. Apparently, if you have the right sized ski, it will do all of the work for you - night and day difference. Anyway, I've narrowed my choice down to 2 skis, and am looking for some info that I haven't been able to find on my own.

The HO CX Superlite looks like it would be a good fit for me. But, I've noticed that there are some great deals on the different Syndicates from 2015 & 2016 for the same price. I have found info about each ski, but not much comparing the similarities and differences. Can anyone speak to the differences/similarities between the CX Superlite and any of the 2015/16 Syndicates? Other than price, why would you choose one over the other? Will the Syndicate make the course easier? Do they all fit the same boots?

My ski profile with the old 2004 69" connelly:

173lbs

run the course 2+ sets per weekend

15-22off

30-32mph

Some free-riding

• Baller

I have a 69" 2015 CX (non Superlight) with the vMax boot and RTP and have found it a very good ski in the course as I progressed to through boat speeds. At 30 and 32 mph the size feels right, however at 34 mph I believe the 69" is too long. I have 25 pounds on you and am in the recommended weight and between the 67" and 69".

I would suggest you inspect the vMax boot carefully before committing. The ski has mounting patterns to support alternative boots. I am on my 3rd vMax front boot and it has a number of issues. The 2 screw system allows the boot to slide forward under load and I have to regularly reposition the front boot. The movement is damaging the top deck of the ski. In additional the aluminium plate that runs through the base of the boot bends over time and then the boot moves laterally much easier than you would expect. The base of the boot is not flat on the surface of the ski.

• Baller

@BrodieJames I like HO concept of direct connect boot.

But I have to agree with you that it a little bit raw.

Vertical axis of cuff of my xMax out of the box was not perpendicular to ski surface - it was inclined sidewise few degrees to inside. Making start & skiing virtually impossible. After some handwork it become very good boot.

That situation is probably not possible with boot on the plate because it will not pass visual control.

Back in time I posted this situation on BOS.

Nevertheless I like DC concept though it needs more responsible approach.

• Baller

@Wabobo I have a 2014 CX (non superlight) 67" and love it. I ski at the same speed and rope length as you do, and would totally recommend it.

I have been using Radar Vector boots with a RTP for the last 2 years with no real signs of wear and tear. The Radar boots mounted with no issues or problems,and are so comfy. I just got a new Vapor front boot and it mounted exactly as the Vector did (can't wait to try it).