2008 Nitro 189 w 150 EFI

t_pole

I'm looking at buying a used 2008 Nitro 189 Sport fish and ski, with a Mercury 150 EFI outboard. There's a ski post and the owner has added a stainless prop. Interested in any feedback from others that have experience skiing behind this boat model and / or similarly powered outboard. In particular, can I expect sufficient power and hole shot? How's the wake?

I'm about 6'1", 185 lbs and primarily a recreational skier. I also ski sometimes with a local club, so can get a pull from an actual towboat when running the course. Grew up skiing behind bow riders and such, so am used to having to work a little to get out of the water. Just want to make sure this boat can support my recreational skiing needs. Thanks.

00z0z_jswdahAhtE3_600x450.jpg

• Baller
A 150 on a boat that size/weight should get you up with no problem, its probably a lot lighter than a lot of bow riders. Can't speak for that boat in particular, but it doesn't look like it would sit too deep, so the wake may not be too bad. Probably not great tracking. Play with the trim to find the best spot for wake.

• Baller
It will be fine for recreational skiing and for fishing. I grew up skiing outboard recreational boats...and we skied and footed hard behind them. Not buoys necessarily, but we had fun. You will be fine with the 150 hp given your intended usage.