With the new ZBS rule I will

Horton

• Baller

I could shorten at lower speed, and get a higher score than I normally score, as I know I have run a full pass higher , at slower speed, but I think I'll stay at my speed. . If tournaments are required to accept lower speed, I can take advantage of lower speed scoring, just to score higher. I feel it could be an advantage, but don't feel, that competitively, it would be a real measure of what I can do. At least not for my personal best.

For my ski partners, just getting into tournament skiing, it would get those guys a score they have never achieved at full speed. For the folks just getting into the sport, it will be a great personal feeling of accomplishment .

• Baller
I'm in a situation where, by previous rules I would be forced to slow down to 30. (Not really forced, but I would be penalizing myself to ski faster and not score accordingly). I don't think that would work for me. So after Nationals I'll probably stay at 32.

• Baller_

@Texas6, the zero-based scoring change allows you to speed up to get extra buoys or shorten the rope at a lesser speed to continue accumulating your score. It was approved for all age divisions and all tournament classes. Max speed for men is 36, women is 34.

It essentially means you can ski at a higher speed than your age group max, if you want. You do receive credit for the higher speed. It also means you can ski at a speed less than your age group max and shorten the rope at that lesser speed to accumulate buoy count.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.