running the course in australia

allycat

me and my young fella went to stoney park near port macqurie and had our first go in the course at Christmas i only got through two at 15 off young bloke got three but looked like he could get them all untill he crashed .we both run the mini cause only problem is we have lost interest in free sking know.would love to get a portable course but no one uses them round here (dubbo)am wondering what the legal side of setting one up would be at burrendong dam.

• Baller
@allycat you will need to get in touch with NSW roads and Maritime to get an aquatic licence for the course. Waterski and Wakebaord Australia will also be able to help you out as well. Dave Kidd at Supafloat.com.au will also know the requirements as well and be able to help you out with a course

I looked into it several years ago. It's a nightmare in NSW, when endeavouring to use a slalom course in public water.

When I enquired, public liability insurance was required and would cost several thousand per year. It's crazy given anyone skiing should be covered by the skier liability portion of their boat insurance. Yet fisherman do not require the same insurance in the instance a skier hits one of their crab pot floats.

I looked into it several years ago. It's a nightmare in NSW, when endeavouring to use a slalom course in public water.

When I enquired, public liability insurance was required and would cost several thousand per year. It's crazy given anyone skiing should be covered by the skier liability portion of their boat insurance. Yet fisherman do not require the same insurance in the instance a skier hits one of their crab pot floats.

• Baller
I know of a lot of course in public water both in Vic and nsw. No one seems to have an issue. Or as above just get a portable course. Put it in and out on the same day and you won't have a problem. There's a few companies in the states that do them or you can make your own. EZ slalom will sell you detailed instructions on how to make one and it will cost half the price of getting one sent over.

• Baller
I know of a lot of course in public water both in Vic and nsw. No one seems to have an issue. Or as above just get a portable course. Put it in and out on the same day and you won't have a problem. There's a few companies in the states that do them or you can make your own. EZ slalom will sell you detailed instructions on how to make one and it will cost half the price of getting one sent over.

that was the plan get a portable and just use it and remove it ,the police and waterways get to burrendong dam a lot and as @DUSkier said you need an event licence and has to be exclusive use and insurance $11000 dollar fine think i will pass on that

that was the plan get a portable and just use it and remove it ,the police and waterways get to burrendong dam a lot and as @DUSkier said you need an event licence and has to be exclusive use and insurance $11000 dollar fine think i will pass on that

• Baller

@allycat get in touch with Maritime, it can be done, we have done it before (a group of friends) with a portable course on the Darling river. Talk to your local Maritime officer, in my experience they are ALWAYS very helpful.

Oh and get in touch with the Tournament Water Ski New South Wales facebook page, lots of good people there that will help as well

• Baller

@allycat get in touch with Maritime, it can be done, we have done it before (a group of friends) with a portable course on the Darling river. Talk to your local Maritime officer, in my experience they are ALWAYS very helpful.

Oh and get in touch with the Tournament Water Ski New South Wales facebook page, lots of good people there that will help as well