Lesson/Training opportunities in Salt Lake City

sunvalleylaw

• Baller

I had been playing with the idea of a personal ski trip to Cal or somewhere to get some instruction this year, particularly on my new ski, to help improve my technique and use my ski, the boat, and the line better. But it occurred to me that I live within reasonable driving distance of Salt Lake City, (and of course, Boise, and the site of last year's nationals), and that I could probably set up a good training experience closer.

Can anyone suggest some options in/near SLC? Also, does anyone know of any clinics or lessons available or on the schedule?

• Baller
Basically 15 off'r stuff. I need help with gates timing, improving stack and leverage, and not letting it all go to sh*t across the wake and out to the ball. Also, completing my turn better without getting on my back foot. Basically moving toward the new turn better, and maintaining that leveraged position rather than linked recoveries. As many here know, I got a nice new ski for Christmas, and now have a tourney boat, and I want to get some help modernizing my technique and making it more efficient. I am also open to Boise area, though a Salt Lake trip would be fun as I get to Boise quite a bit.

• Baller
@sunvalleylaw if your in Boise, hit up Terry Winter www.trainwithterrywinter.com. Not sure what he is doing for coaching up there, but skis at the Broadside Harbor. Other option if you are looking for warmer skiing Terry is doing a clinic at Liquid Zone just north of Sacramento in about a month. Hope this helps.

• Baller
Thanks guys. Got Terry's info from Idaho Watersports and am giving him a shout. Might still come down and bug you guys in SLC though. Not mutually exclusive. :smiley: I think it would be fun to combine with some mountain biking and some city time.

• Baller
Does Nick Parsons do any coaching up there? He's from SLC, and a super nice guy. I had him at my site training before Moomba the last few days, helped me with my driving too. If I was going to SLC, I'd be looking him up for sure.

• Baller
I connected with Terry and am going to set something up in Idaho in a month, month and a half after I am done teaching/coaching on Baldy and have a little more weekend time for a short road trip. STILL not ruling out a trip down to Utah in addition, nor over to Gilbert Lake.