Ski recommendations

btwent

Fairly new to skiing. Just skiing public waters the past few summers. I'm usually using my dads ski. It's seen better days- probably 25 years old. I'm a light kid, only 130 lbs, and I'm starting to get some decent cuts in. However, I think the ski is holding me back a lot. It's far too long, and I'm sure it doesn't meet the standards of today's skis. I'm looking for a ski that can really get me starting to make some nice turns. I've looked around, been interested in the Radar Senate, but I'm just not sure. That's why I'm here.

• Baller

If you have never tried double boots I recommend staying with a RTP. It's personal preference. I like a rear toe plate it's simpler and I ski better with RTP.

Wing or no wing, for a freeskier that's another preference thing. If you get the Alloy a wing is probably $10 contact Performance perfski.com sales@perfski.com.

• Baller
Looking on ski it again, they have 65" Radar Strada, Connelly Prophesy, Connelly F1, HO Type Vs--all good skis. Try and find a slightly used ski as the the flex pattern reportedly can degrade over time with heavy use. Probably not as big of an issue with lighter skiers.

• Baller

I have a 2014 65.5" Mapple T1 for sale. I hadn't gotten any nibbles on it for 6 months. I feel it's a good all around ski. Some might say it's too advanced. If you're interested, I'll fit it in your budget so it'll get used.

As mentioned before, if you haven't used double boots don't start. When I was on a Senate I tried every angle on the wing including no wing and no difference when I was at 30mph. Never took it to 34.

• Baller

Opinions vary widely on whether double boots are safer. I think maybe because I've never, yet, had just one foot pop out, it's either both in or both out which is what you want. However, I really wish I could go back to a RTP due to convienance and a rear binding makes it easier to ski the tail of the ski. I wouldn't bother with a hybrid. I use a loose fitting Vector for my rear and hardly cinch it.

Others feel free to chime in on the T1.