Surf Ranch Florida

jetpilotg4

• Baller
I am not a surfer, but it strikes me as strange to build this there....right on the ocean.....where there are already waves. I would think it makes more sense to build something like that where there are no waves well inland like the midwest or the southwest.

• Baller

@fu_man why dig a ski lake in Orlando?

It's a controlled environment. There will always be waves. Plenty of days on the east coast of small waves to ride. That will drive the traffic. And no sharks just gators!

• Baller

Quoted from the article:

-offer an athletic training center for competitive surfers, a community surfing school, programs for underprivileged youth and a learning center.

-bring in an estimated 83,000 guests annually, and create hundreds of jobs.

-lure thousands of spectators for surfing competitions presented by the World Surf League, a governing body for professional surfers.

Surfing continues to sell itself (out) in the smartest fashions. Too bad this wasn't done with Cable when the opportunity was there and ripe.

• Baller

A wave like that is not common. There's a whole lot of sitting around, waiting, getting burnt, in surfing. The tides got to be right , wind, and of course, you've got to have a swell.

Surfed yesterday with 3-5 foot, and in one spot, it only broke at shore. Move 3 miles north, and we found sandbar, and tide starting going out an hour later, and it became one of the most fun days for surfing in a while.

Would be nice to just walk up, hand 'em a 20, and catch a few waves!

• Baller

I remember a certain birthday part a while back at Typhoon Lagoon in orlando. I think it was a bit over a grand to rent it for the night. You got about 125 waves?

ANYWAY...IF THEY ARE READING THIS DISCUSSION...BUILD IT! WE WILL COME!!!