Lost 40 pounds since January!! Will Zero off love me now?

Ralph Lee

• Baller
If you are 40lbs lighter ZO will like you more, you will be exceptionally faster, more energy for more passes, and I would agree that you will pick up several buoys. I can feel a considerable difference between my lifting weight and ski weight which are only 10lbs apart so 40 will feel great I'm sure.

• Baller
Weight loss is certainly helpful with ZO. The magic number seems to be around 170lbs as I seldom hear complaints about the pull from skier at or under that weight. I'm 185 and it was very difficult for me to compete while still owning a Perfect Pass boat. Eventually, I bought a ZO equipped boat and have come to terms with the ZO system.

• Baller
Congrats on the weight loss. Regardless of the speed control system you use, having 40 less pounds to drag around (even more weight when g-forces are accounted for) should drastically improve your skiing. Have a great summer.

• Baller
@Drago - Certainly skiing behind it all the time has helped me to be a better skier. However, when ZO came out and we all had PP boats, the 170 and under crowd skied about the same buoy count in tournaments while those of us over that mark seemed to lose buoys. I'm a better skier in terms of style I think, but buoy count... PP tournament best, 2@38, ZO tournament best 2@38.