Swiss Pro Slalom May 14, 2017

• Baller

Should be an awesome fight for the win with that list of skiers. 8 Skiers in this event have run 41. Parrish, Asher, Degasperi*, Smith, Travers, FWinter, Vaughn and Descuns.

The ladies event looks stacked as well. Great to see such a turn out in Otown for a non Elite Sanctioned event. I hope the local skiing crowd turns up to support the event!

• Baller_
Saw that drone last yr when we were there. If it had a seat on top you could ride it. It was huge. Would follow the boat just past the nose (20ft above) traveling backwards at 36mph.

• Baller
I would assume because they dictate the amount of money you have to offer
True.
and it costs more money to sanction it as elite.
Half True. If you have never organized an Elite event and want to enter the Introductory Elite Program, you put 9k USD between W and M (one event), and your event is Elite. No fees to be paid. If you have 8K, you can certainly have a cash prize event, it will not be Elite. Same goes for the other steps of Introductory Elite, until you reach the 21K minimum (again, between W and M, one event).
It gets more money back in the skiers hands.
False. However much you put in, the skiers get.

I just want to clarify this as both potential organizers and skiers alike tend to be misinformed about it. Nothing to do with SPS.

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.