I have had it with these people on my lake

• Baller
Actually had a good experience with a couple of fishermen today. I tried to squeeze in a quick set at lunch since it was only blowing 12 - 15 mph today (not like the 20 - 25 mph is was blowing when @ScottScott and I tried to ski earlier in the week). As I pull up to the course I see a pontoon boat anchored about even with one ball on the left side of the course with bobbers floating near the left side buoy line. I motored over for a chat and the older guy starts to say "sorry we got here first" but fortunately the other guy asks how the course works. So I explained what we do and asked if they could just move back away from the course a bit. He said sure and they proceeded to reel in four lines and pull anchor. They backed away about 50' and started fishing again. I skied a quick set and then went over and thanked them for the courtesy....some times it all works out. Now, if I could only get my form back on track!

• Baller
Great idea! My guest gator seemed to bite the same 2 or 3 buoys a couple of times a week for a few weeks. He was about 8' to 9' long and sat by 2 ball one day when I wanted to ski. I think a trapper eventually caught up with him.

• Baller

I've been pretty lucky so far. When we got our portable course we went to a lake owners association meeting just to inform everyone what the course was and what we do on it. I was really nervous and didn't know what to expect, but everyone was really cool about it and were actually interested in it. We have never had a problem and actually have spectators some mornings. The only ones who do buzz the course sometimes are fishermen that come up to the 2 resorts on the lake and don't know what the course is, luckily that doesn't happen very often.

We do only get a few hours in the morning to use it because once the tubers and surfers come out the lake gets trashed. I don't mind when other people come out to use the lake but the wake coming off the surfing boats is ridiculous! I wish more people would be skiing!