2017 Master's LCQ today....Bets?

303Skier

• Baller

@303Skier The cutoff for Mens slalom is 4.5@4. See Rules below.

From the Masters Website Regarding the LCQ.

The Champions of the Masters, multi-round, Last Chance Qualifier, in the Open Division for slalom, trick and jump, NOT already invited to the 58th Masters. The LCQ will be held on May 19-21, 2017 at Sunset Lakes, 3018 No Wake Lane, Groveland FL 34736.

Each LCQ Division winner (slalom, trick and jump) will receive a Masters invitation, providing that the winning score equals or exceeds the following benchmark scores*:

Open Men’s Slalom: 4.5 @ 10.25 meters

Open Women’s Slalom: 2.5 @ 10.75 meters

Open Men’s Tricks: 11,305 points

Open Women’s Tricks: 9,320 points

Open Men’s Jump: 67.45 meters

Open Women’s Jump: 54.05 meters

The highest single round LCQ Division score will be used to determine the winner of each event.

Any ties for first place will first be broken by the next highest round score(s); any

remaining ties will be a run-off.

Only the first place event winner will receive a Masters invitation, e.g., no additional Masters LCQ invitations will be issued to the second place or subsequent finishers.

*Benchmark scores are set after the finalized World Ranking List is published for October 2016.

• Baller

@Ralph Lee Prior years Masters.

Defending Open Men and Women Champions of the 2016 Masters in slalom, tricks and jump.

IWWF approved current World Record Holders as of February 1, 2017 in slalom, tricks and jump.

SLALOM: The top seven (7) ranked Open Men and Women listed on the final 2016 IWWF Elite Ranking List for slalom.

JUMP: The top six (6) ranked Open Men and Women listed on the final 2016 IWWF Elite Ranking List for jump.

TRICK: The top six (6) ranked open men and women listed on the final 2016 IWWF World Ranking List for trick.

Champions of the following Masters approved tournaments:

2017 Moomba Masters

2016 Vladimir Filin Memorial

2016 Malibu Open

2016 Stokes Pro Am

2016 Sentosa Night Jump

2016 Canadian Open – Men’s Slalom & Jump Only

2016 California Pro Am

2016 Nautique U.S. Open

2016 King of Darkness

• Baller
I think it's a bit insane that JT and CP are not qualified already. Although Nate seems to be a bit up on everyone at the moment, the next 10 spots are up for grabs. I also think former world record holders should get an automatic in.

• Baller
Sooo, CP should just get in because... he's CP? @liquid d there is a process, 1/4 buoy more and he'd be in. Though no one disagrees he's on fire at the moment, the fire didn't give him a 1/4 buoy more, no cigar..

• Baller
I like the fact that they have well established criteria and stick to them. Makes invites more special and eliminates issues when, let's say a Nautique skier (like Parrish), gets in and a MasterCraft or Malibu skier doesn't.

• Baller

Should give a wild card invite to all the Men jumpers who exceeded the cutoff score.

Would make for better entertainment, especially vs. gagg wakeskate.

The Masters people are just a bit too convinced that their shit doesn't stink.

• Baller

On the other hand, @Edbrazil , they are the only tournament that didn't bail on women and/or 3-event over the years. It is the Masters, and very difficult to get in, not the Open, which was "run" by a 3-event organization and didn't even exist for 10(?) years.

Waiting for Parrish's video so we can analyze the 1/4....

• Baller
Have to agree with @Edbrazil I really miss the overall at the Masters but I still think it's a great event. I will be there Sunday for the finals, any other Ballers showing up?? You know what would really make the Masters even better??? A BOS - @MS Beer Tent!

• Baller
Slightly off topic, anyway... I think the Masters has done a great job of keeping current by including wake sports. After 20+ years of more young skiers choosing wakeboarding over skiing maybe it's time to start including a wake event in local ski tourneys.

I agree about the boats destroying shoreline at smaller private ski lakes, I've seen it destroy a few in Colorado. The wakeboard boats these days are way too big if you ask me. They use to get the job done on small 20 ft inboards. Now it's massive 23 and 25 foot boats! I don't see why you need that much of a wake?