New HO syndicate release

Jrbeeks

• Administrators
@MattP
"Industry standard is for new product to release after nationals"
This would make sense but is not true. New model year skis come out relatively randomly. 10 years ago it was often at Nationals but today is anyone's guess.

• Baller
@Horton yes I am being sarcastic and just busting your hump about your spelling...I am sure NICK ADAMS is thrilled to have his video up here regardless of you butchering his difficult last name :) ...more kidding, sarcasm etc...

• Administrators

@jayski Haaa I see it now. For once I am semi-innocent for the typo. That was cut and paste. I should have seen it but I swear I did not type it.

I will cut and paste anything - It is a lot like this below movie clip (NSFW)

• Baller
Ski looks rad. Seems weird they post vids of their riders running 41 first set out but it looks like they both only ran 6 no end gates for either. Regardless 6 at 41 is a huge accomplishment, esp on a new ski. From a marketing aspect it kinda seems like a blunder. Thoughts?

• Baller_
@APB this was about as raw and real as it gets. All three sets happened during our film shoot, and I had no idea I was going to capture all three team members getting to the exit gates at 41. Because they all skied so well, I decided to put these together and get them out for you all to see. Not sure what you mean by no end gates for either, but I can promise there will be many more 41's going down on this new Syndicate Pro....so in the future, I'll make sure Nick holds onto the slack, and that the camera is a couple feet higher in the chase boat so you can see which side of the exit gate ball the Syn Pro passes.

• Baller

I think it's cool they got close don't get me wrong. My bad if they did make it... vid looks like the first dude pops the handle before the exit gates and travers is def on the inside. Will Asher's clip is money!

I'm a syndicate customer. There's no hate. Just thought it was a weird marketing angle to say they ran it.

Stoked to see the ski.

• Baller

Hey guys, first of all, thank you for the interest in the new ski! We are more excited about this ski than any other Syndicate release in quite a while. The athletes have been really liking the ski and there have been some great tournament scores already.

As @MarcusBrown said, the footage of @noodleba, JT and Will that has been released is from our photo shoot in CA last week. Photo shoots are a time where we get together as a team and actually get to enjoy some skiing just for the sake of skiing. We try to gather photos and video footage that highlights the products, athletes and the skiing experience.

About the ski...

We are doing a "teaser" (not a launch) this weekend at the Syndicate ProAm up at Hilltop, WA. Those in attendance are welcome to try it however, the 66" is the only size ready at the moment. 67", 65" and 68" will follow, probably in that order. The broader release of the ski will be at Nationals where we will probably have the 67" ready to go as well. As with most ski releases, availability will be limited at first. Skis will be available in our factory demo program later in the year. Just wanted to set expectations as real as we can. Keep in mind Syndicate Pro is a 2018 ski and we still produce the the VTR and VTX. If you haven't tried one, hit us up at www.hosports.com/demo and we can get you on one. Meanwhile, I hope you all are enjoying the water as much as possible.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

@savaiusini as always thanks for the industry insight!! I might give the Demo program a try this fall. This ski is looking awesome.

@Horton cough...

The broader release of the ski will be at Nationals

• Baller

Before I can decide if I like this ski or not, or even the marketing technique, I'll need to see boat path video, handle measurements, driver MVR reports, official scorer sheets, and tech controller course measurements.

Wow...