2017 New Stick Advice for Colorado - colder water temps year round

herseyj

• Baller

Looking for a new ski. Currently on a HO S2 67". I am 5'7" 178 lbs. 6@32 off was my best last year. I am stocky from to much wresting and weights as a teen but not "fat". Weight is all around the butt and shoulders. Quads aren't small either from lots of cycling. Any thoughts?

I am demoing a Arc and Arc-S in a 67 right now. Only one session on each and then I had to run out of town for a few days. They are nicer than the S2 from a turn and standpoint but I feel like the ski's are very big and hard to keep the tip down. They still also take some work to bring around. I will work with them to tweak them and make sure I am correctly setup. The S2 has to have a big arc to get it around and I want something a little quicker in the turn. I also think the bottom is screwed from 5 years of putting in an out of the truck. I can't make a rounded turn to save my life anymore and the edges are not so happy. I am in Denver where the water is cold. Late June the temp get to 68, July 74, August 78 if lucky and September it drops quick. You lucky guys in the south with all that warm water make me jealous.

Seems like people don't like the Goode XT in cold water and I have to guess our water is always classified cold. I want to try one but hate to bother them with sending one out. Heck I want to try them all before spending $1600+ on a stick.

• Baller
I ski through the winter on a 2016 Lithium Vapor with out much difference. Only time I noticed a difference was late summer when the water got really hot. I'm 6'2" 170lb on a 67" Are you a 34mph or 36 mph? I the Arc seems a little wider, I wonder if a 66 wouldn't be better for you?

• Baller

I am on a 67" ARC-S, weigh 10lbs less than you and don't have a problem keeping the tip down.

When the tip is up in the turn, it's because I'm pushing the ski through the turn with my back foot.

If you aren't pushing your turns with your back foot, you might want to look at some new fin numbers.