Tell me about this ski

• Baller

2002 HO ASX. Basically a little wider than the CDX - a legendary ski from HO for a number of years. It looks in fantastic condition for 15 years old. A modern comparison would be the ASX as a senate to a vapor graphite, just a little wider than the top end ski.

It will feel like a slow heavy pig to a modern ski, but for its era, it was decent.

• Baller
It certainly is skiable for someone who is skiing open water or is a beginner in the course. It is definitely much heavier and will be slower than the newer skis. With a RTP instead of a rear boot it would be a great guest ski for folks that aren't serious skiers as that Venom will work with LFF or RFF.

• Baller

Yeppers. Vengeance ASX (renamed just Vengeance before it was retired). As @auskier said, it was like the Senate of its time. Very versatile, forgiving ski that was easy to push hard. Aluminum top, like the CDX.

Always liked the looks of that ski.

• Baller
That was my first real ski back at age 18 or so. Always loved the looks and spent lots of time on it. Now it sits in the closet of my old room. Keep thinking about pulling it out for something just not sure what.

• Baller
I still have a 2000 CDX-1 of that vintage that I still think is an awesome ski . Narrower than that ASX and it really cranks when you push it. Like those old Venom bindings too. Good workhose bindings for us non high end skiers