I took a shower today for the first time in over 8 weeks

Chef23

• Baller

I have had some sort of drainage hanging off of me pretty much since mid November. Today I had the final drain removed for hopefully the last time. I had two weeks in late April without drains but had some issues that required fresh drains and some surgery.

I can't tell you how good it was to stand under the hot water and wash my hair a couple of times.

I have been walking a fair amount lately walked 3 miles in 46 minutes yesterday and 3.6 miles today in 55 minutes. Next week assuming the last drain site closes up I am going to ease back in to some strength training. I have also been out on the boat with my ski partners twice this week either driving or coaching which was awesome. Not sure when I will get out on the water but hoping to at least ride the jumpers this year.

The surgery I had 3 weeks ago seems to have cleared up some serious appetite issues and I have gained about 6 pounds which given that I was at 159 down from 240(6 feet tall) when I got sick is a good thing. I am going to try to stabilize my weight around 180 and see if I can stick there.

It looks like they worst is behind me and I am on the mend. Unfortunately my back is still bothering me which started the path that found the tumor but compared to where I have been that is trivial.

Glad to be alive.

• Baller
@Chef23 Great to hear! When I saw you a couple of weeks ago, we joked about being able to share the same ski now...glad you're putting some lbs back on and this was the last surgery. Come visit...a driver always welcome and a coach always needed! See you soon!

• Baller

Nice work, man. I got kicked out of PT today to just continue busting it in the gym. Will be 10 weeks post injury tomorrow. The first time I didn't need a chair in the shower I was pretty happy.

I can't walk nearly so far as you...probably quarter mile is about it right now. Give me a month, tho, and we will see what happens in August in MN...I would sure like to salvage part of the season and ideally hit skiwatch tourney in the fall.

Keep kicking ass, and let us know when you are up on the jumpers! Run some buoys on em at slow speed it's actually fun.

• Baller
@6balls good news on getting kicked out of rehab. Keep on walking it comes back quickly. I haven't been doing any upper body yet I am going to start that next week. I am pretty sure I can't do a pushup right now.

• Baller
I know that feeling. I was in a body cast for 6 months after my back surgery when i was 15 (end of June no less). At the 3 month point, they switched me from a plaster to a fiberglass cast, and I was able to talk them into letting take a bath in between (after much pleading). That was the only bath/shower I had for 6 months, and it was exquisite!