Buoys -where do you get your replacements?

• Baller

Up here in the gold country New Melones public lake course finally going in Sat! This means bass boats buoy damage and the need to carry 55's and and a few turn buoys on the boat for quick fixes.

Where is the best deal to get a few of each?

• Baller
How long do your buoys last? The last turn buoys I bought I put them in last November and they are staring to dry rot on top from the sun and lose air. I do not remember ever having to replace buoys this fast. I live in Florida

• Baller
On public water buy the cheapest things you can find. If they fade, paint 'em. Walley's new version (just this year) seem very good. They're molded large so they require little air to make size and thus are soft. New improved valves. But.....at $17 and some change they're costly.

• Baller
Thanks, good advice for next time! It was always the gates and balls 1 & 2 on the same end and it went on for a few months then stopped. I called the state nuisance gator folks and they said, "sorry, can't help you unless it is in your backyard".

• Baller
Spend the money on the Wallyskier buoys! I am convinced they are significantly safer. Cheap out on the boat guides if you must but after hitting a Wallyskier and "skiing" away you'll be glad you spent a couple more $$'s. His new version in 2017 is a major improvement.

• Baller
Quickly went through 2 sets of round polyform back in 2013 and 2014. Never again! I now have the polyform S1 long buoys for boat guides and Wally for turn balls. Next set of gates will also be Wally buoys. The Wally buoys and the S1's last years.

• Baller

What another said on safety of Wallys for turn balls. We drastically underinflate ours, but you would never know by what you see floating above water. Half, or just slightly less of the buoys are above the water surface, and appear fully inflated. But, underwater they are wrinkled and soft. When you hit one the air easily displaces and little or no impact felt.

A little costly, but probably already outlasted 3 sets of the cheaper round buoys, and still looking bright red. I doubt we will get any less than 5 years out of them.

• Baller

On Lake Latonka in Pennsylvania we get the foam gate buoys from skier to skier, and the orange buoys from Overtons. The Overtons buoys can take more punishment verses the others. Fading is not a huge issue since the course gets submerged at the end of the season, and the buoys get rotated in and out as divots get cut loose during the season. It is a private lake, but the course is set up to be jet ski and tuber proof. The buoys are attached with mason string so they break off if snagged so the whole course does not get ripped out(Accufloat).