NorCal MasterCraft BallOfSpray Cash Prize Sept 16 & 17 at Bell Acqua Lake 3

Horton

• Baller

Horton's design of a interesting and mixed field is working perfectly. There will be a battle for the top 16 spots with skiers such as:

OM: TW, Detrick, @ColeGiacopuzzi

OW: Makayla

MM: Badal, @skidawg , @matthewbrown , @bishop8950 , @Milford , Steve Ware, @schroed , Manasci, Reinke

@Horton running 38 2x this weekend at the ProAm

Bob Hardeman who can run 38 at 30mph

Will Bush who can run 38 at 32mph

We also have an group skiers who will either qualify for the H2H or ski vs their average in the other group, for the same prize money!!

@Rico, @"Mateo Vargas" The Grubs family, @skimom and Rob the "Gost skier", Mike Parsons, @usaski1 , The Goldmans, Johnny Haw, Crazy Todd Vance and others.

No matter what this group got together to do it would be a blast. Throw in an interesting formatted waterski tournament and its a guaranteed good time. Not to mention the Grubbs have done a fantastic job with the site and are excellent hosts. The place is sweet.

Horton can take a few more so don't hold back and sign up!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

Bell Acqua Lake 3 was the site for the Year 2000 US Open. I remember that Jamie Beauchesne won the Mens slalom. Tight site for Open-level jumping, but I recall it had adequate room for slalom.

FYI: At that event, Toni Neville set a World Record in Jumping for a bonus of $25,000. Scot Ellis had his longest jump ever, missing a World Record and $50,000. bonus by about a foot.

• Members

Ah, the Shortline Margaritaville Tournaments. I once threw up in the lake after my first pass on Sunday morning. I still ran the second pass. I put that on par with once holding on to the football despite getting knocked out going over the middle in a HS football game. Muscle memory.

Somebody should invite Rabeneau and his tequila bottle holsters with shot glass bandalero.

• Baller

@horton How are you numbering the lakes? Lake 1 is the closest one to the airport. Lake

3 is the farthest one away. Lake 3 was the site of the Year 2000 U. S. Open. I was there; I

supervised the re-set of the jump course (backed up 40 feet), and was also the Technical

Controller

Maybe you're thinking of the 2002 Malibu Open, organized by the Pro Tour people, and

held on Lake 1. Where there were 3 World Records in jumping set. And where we turned

the ramp around to face in the opposite direction. At skiers request, to take advantage

of prevailing winds.l

• Administrators

The event is now basically full enough to guarantee the full $3,000 cash prize for the handicap final and $3,000 for the Head2Head final.

I still do not have @dirt's entry but he will ski. If one or two more skiers want in DO IT NOW!

• Administrators
Sure come on out. You may find hassling me to be a challenge because I'll be pacing around like a meth addict at a DEA convention.

• Administrators

The whole list will go public tonight. What I can say now is that it looks like you will need to run 38 to get into the H2H final. Below is my guess for the top 10.

Bob Hardeman

Steve Ware

Matthew Brown

Markus Menasci

Kevin Bishop

Jeff Milford

Ward Mclain

Greg Badal

Cole Giacopuzzi

Terry Winter

• Administrators

preliminary running list