NorCal MasterCraft BallOfSpray Cash Prize Sept 16 & 17 at Bell Acqua Lake 3

Horton

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

Hats off to Bob Hardeman for stepping up the first round of the head to head, throwing out a new M8 National Record with 2.25@39. Really thought my strategy of sending him out first was a good idea, but quickly realized he was tunnel vision on that record. Man I hope I am still skiing that well in my 70's! Great to see him so excited and move on to face Matt Brown.

What a great weekend. The Mastercraft boats felt dialed in. The format made it competitive regardless of your level, so everyone had something to shoot for and feel challenged. This is what tournament waterskiing is all about. Great Job getting creative @Horton and coming up with a way to keep everyone involved all weekend long.

Thanks to the @grubbs family for all the hospitality and use of the lake. What a great site!

Can't wait for next year. So glad I made the trip.

• Baller

Great to meet you @"Mateo Vargas" and to see @usaski1 again. Sorry @skidawg for stealing your mint vapor for the pic, my red one was already packed (I barely made my flight...

Thanks to @Dirt for letting me sleep on his floor and telling me how amazing I look on the Radar compared to the ski he was "not" trying to sell me :smile:

See you next year!

• Baller
Hat's off to @Horton for coming up with a format that is really fun and for putting in the work to get the events up and running. Additionally, thanks to all the folks on site who support this kind of innovative tournament format and make it all come together! I can't wait to ski my next BOS event!

• Baller
Just noticed that pic @rico - Nice to have my Mint vapor on 2 podium pics. Great seeing everyone this weekend. @bishop8950 , @matthewbrown , @Dirt , @schroed, @Milford ,@"Mateo Vargas" - Great to meet The Grubb family and the infamous Ghost skier, Johnny Haw,Vaio family. Beautiful site, awesome people. I'm sure i left out a few. This is how tournaments should be. So much fun sking in the finals against TW. I'm not sure why @Horton avoided me this weekend, probably didn't want to enroll in AA classes. Looking forward to next year. My liver has 360 days to recover.

• Baller
Well, another cash prize in the books! Great meeting some folks I haven't, and some people did some fine skiing. Too bad I wasn't one of them! I had one of my worst tournament rounds of the year in the finals. Apparently, it makes a difference if you get your whole hand back on the handle, when attempting to progress to the next ball. 2 fingers don't cut it! Anyhow, thanks to Horton, Bell Aqua and crew that made this tournament a success! Any chance if having 2 Cash Prize tournaments next year? Also i'd Iike to see the final placements for both the head to head and the handicap final, are those posted anywhere?