Who is your most fun and/or entertaining skier to watch?

thager

• Baller_

Since the question is "who is most fun and entertaining to watch," I'll take Nate and Parrish out of the equation because they make it look so methodical and therefore easy. 41 could be 35.

Greg Sund is exciting. He can scrap with the best of them and often seems like he is holding on by the skin of his teeth.

Kyle Tate is interesting strategy-wise. He'll run a 32 opener and double opt up to 39. And run it. No point wasting energy on those in-between passes.

I also like watching Chelsea Mills. She is very athletic, and you can watch the determination in her face.

All the big jumpers are great to watch.

My all time favorite to watch is my ski partner Terence Fogarty. If I'm watching him ski (usually in the mirror), that means I'm enjoying the afterglow of my own set.

Lpskier

• Baller

Using @lpskier qualifiers from above -

Brian @Detrick and Tyler Yager are always exciting in the slalom course. Brooke Baldwin and Manon for the ladies.

For tricks it can be a long list for both men and women but Adam Pickos, Dylan Schaffer, Alex Sedlmayer are particularly fun to watch.

For jump the Miranda's are always exciting!

+1 for Paul Miller

• Baller
My dad. He's 64 years old this month and still mixes it up like someone 30 years younger than him. Can't possibly express how impactful our skiing together has been on our lives and our relationship over the years. Skiing with him this weekend. Can't wait.

• Baller

It is weird for me. I have a hard time watching just to be entertained. I like to watch earlier passes where the athletes are skiing comfortably, as I think I learn more from that.

So, saying that, I like to watch Seth Stisher and Terry Winter for my skiing, and Nate because I just find it fascinating and am still trying to figure out what he does.

Also, it is fun to watch Tony Klarich because it is so different. Especially on his new Freeride ski.

• Supporting Member

Two choices at somewhat opposite extremes:

@AdamCord because his technique is absolutely remarkable and he has sorta-similar physique to me, giving me some hope I could do some of that.

But when it comes to watching a pro event, I never want to miss @Detrick, because he's probably gonna hold onto something ridiculous -- and maybe still run the pass!

• Baller

The group I ski with is all a bunch of novices, myself included, and I find watching some of them to be extremely entertaining.

My brother in law will hold onto anything and be out of control 90% of the time and is always surprised to make it to the turn ball. Lots of Ooh..aahh...cringe moments from the boat.

Skinny will talk tons of theory and technique then demonstrate the exact opposite set after set.

• Baller

I like to watch Parrish because he is LFF and everything he does looks simple. I realize he is a monster and I will never be able to ski like him but I love his technique and he does a two handed gate as a LFF skier.

I like watching Manon Costard as well as another LFF with a two handed gate.

Obviously Nate is Nate.

• Baller

Aaron Larkin onside turns are quite spectacular to watch.

Always like to watch some old videos of Mike Kjellander because he dunks the handle like i do when in trouble on my offside...

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

Old school.... Carl Roberge

Dave Benzel had an article years ago that had a bunch of "skier most likely too" stuff. Roberge was the "most likely to run 38 with six mistakes". (Insert 39 for modern comparison)

• Baller_
A bit off the mark to the question but @MrJones reminded me of ESPNs Hot Summer Nights. All of that was entertaining from the spectacular crashes to the shoulda crashed 3 times but didn't to the bikinis and beer sponsors. High quality waterski related entertainment.

• Baller
I know my wife's favorite skier to watch.... Terry Winter...from the boat. A funny story: a couple weeks ago Terry was at our lake and getting ready to ski on the dock. My wife was sitting around on the dock and I told her to jump in the boat. She did and Terry went out, ran 41 off and got 1 @ 43. My wife got out of the boat smiling and saying how awesome that was. She even got on the phone with her mom and couple friends and told them how cool it was to ride in the boat watching someone run 41 off at 36 MPH. I thought it was interesting because this was coming from a women that has been around water skiing a long time, sits through countless tournaments in the summer watching me and my son ski, and rarely gets very excited about water skiing. This experience goes to show how exciting it is to watch a top level pro skier from the boat. I just wish you could capture that experience on TV better so more people would be interested in watching water skiing.

• Baller

I have so many I like to watch. Probably my favorite was my dad, he got me into slaloming and I can remember watching him on his MasterCraft Pulse throw up a massive wall of water. He has always been an open water skier, but listening to his stories about getting pointers from Bob LaPoint and pulled through his first course with him watching are always fun to listen to.

I also like watching anyone on the lake ski. It seems like far less people ski these days and I love it when I see someone come flying out of their bay skiing! Or watching anyone My family teaches to ski, we are always trying to get more people to try. Its fun to watch someone get up for the first time and go around the lake, especially if they have a huge smile on their face when they're done!

Of course watching Asher and Parrish is always a blast. I can't believe my eyes sometimes. Nate is probably the best skier from his planet too, so he is amazing to watch. Regina Is my favorite skier though, I watch her 1/4 speed video weekly and am going to the Malibu open for the first time next month. I cant wait to see them ski in person!