Update request on D3 Arc and D3 bindings

cruznski

• Baller

So, this inquiry probably belongs in Skis, Fins, Bindings but here goes. In attending my first tournament in 3 years, it was fantastic to catch up with so many, but in the D3 realm there was a weird thing- all the Men5 ARC skiers were on the yellow and all the Men6 ARC skiers were on the Blue. Now indeed there were a lot of other skis, but I had to wonder about this.

So as age progresses, is a softer flex the answer? And the BOS reviews have gotten quiet on ARC v ARC-S so this is to renew that discussion.

And now, as I am still on good old rubber bindings, has anyone tried the new D3 leverage with no laces? How are they compared to Wiley and the old Leverage (which some say was too stiff fore/aft at the high ankle)? And to HO animals?

• Baller

@cruznski probably coincidence , or each group skis together so they tried their buddy 's ski and loved it. M6 also might be getting lighter, I know I get lighter every year. Find your local D3 rep and give 'em both a try.

Imho the T-Factor is the best binding ever, haven't been in the others in so long I couldn't compare for you.

• Baller

@cruznski , I am a strong free skier but a novice course skier trying to get more into it. I am 54 and 185 lbs. and the yellow works great for me. It immediately felt both familiar and awesome. But I am not into 35+ off so cannot tell you the fine points. I received my ski for Christmas and had considered having D3 send me a Blue to try, but after getting on the yellow for a run, I was in love and figured at my level, it was not worth it to mess with it for me. The yellow seemed to help me clean up some things, as it was, and I did not feel like I needed anything more forgiving. The ARC seemed to help me on by poor points and accentuate anything good I have going. If you have the chance to try both, do. But from what I understand, the difference is not huge, at least for most of us. Sorry I can't help more there.

I can tell you that I started with my old leverages, with the older wraps, and then once used to the ski, moved to the T-Factors. They felt "edgier" to me at first, which was definitely a different feel. It was like a real sharp tune on snow skis in feel at first. Then after half a run, I started to get used to it and by the second run loved the feel. It may be in my head, but I felt like the fore-aft feel was helping me move more naturally toward the new turn/new ball, but that is also something I have been working on this year.

I cannot tell you anything about the new wraps for the leverages. I can tell you it is way easier to get in and out of the T-Factors than my old Leverages, which is another nice benefit. I tend to moderately cinch the lower foot, and tighten the ankles nice and snug. The front more than the rear.

Have not had occasion to come out yet.

Oh, and I have skied the HO Animals and personally like both the Leverages and T-Factors better. And also better than my old Wiley's.