Vapor vs. Prophecy

brettmag

Hi guys, I'm looking for a used Vapor or Prophecy. I'm currently on a 2008 F1 now and looking to upgrade to a 2013-2015 (due to attractive price point).

Can you please describe the differences between how these two skis feel/perform?

• Baller

Have had both, the prophecy is super fast, always edge hunting, rides a little more towards the tail of the ski and takes some getting used to but fast once you figure it out. The Vapor is more mellow of a ski, way easier to use and more forgiving. Same bouy count on both so both very capable skis, on RADAR now.

• Baller

Never skied a Vapor but I am on a 2014 Prophecy and I really like it after coming off a D3. I agree with Eric it rides a little low in the tail but after always blowing the tail on my D3 this feels way more stable at the finish of my turn.

What size ski are you looking for?

• Baller
@brettmag Sorry I am not the best person to ask about bindings, I put the binding from my F1 right on to the Prophecy, an old Connelly Vision and a Connelly RTP. It is still usable but I know it won't last forever and I am leaning toward the Reflex. Everyone on it seems to like it and they all seem to think it would be a plus over the rubber. I am old school and my philosophy is "if it ain't broke don't fix it" . Although at some point I will be forced to, just not looking forward to the transition after rubber for 30+ yrs.