Looking for feedback on form

ShererSkier

• Baller

Just looking for any feedback or tips on my form for theses passes. This is my 4th summer course skiing but have been slaloming since I was 9, now 30. This summer I decided to slow from 34mph to 32mph and train on running the course. I slowed down because my -15 was around 50% and wanted to work on getting that higher and getting into shorter lengths. I have run less than 100 passes a year for the last two years and even less before that. I free ski a lot to work on form. This is all in a row except for missing 1 ball my first -28 attempt (bad pullout) and then turning around and running -28 again.

First is -15@32. this is the length I have spent the majority of my time working on until I slowed down to 32mph.

Second is -22@32. This is my 3rd all time -22@32, probably 10 or so runs at 34mph but could never get more than 4.

Third is my 2nd -28 run ever, I never made it into -28 when I was still running 34mph.

This was all recorded on GoPro with Wakeye Shock Tube version for those interested. And all on the morning of 7/23/17.

Thanks for any insight or critiques to my form!

• Baller

Thanks for the compliment and the feedback @OB1 I just went for a open water run and worked on turning in earlier and I see what you me about the boat hooking up at the spray. Will be on the course the next two mornings and will work on that. I have been having a little trouble with my pullout since I slowed to 32mph. Not really sure why.

When I hold my lean through the second wake I feel like I carry too much speed and end up with slack at the ball. I guess I would have to post video when that happens to have any feedback on that. Unless you have a thought?

@Cent is correct on the guess about the 86 MasterCraft.

• Baller
I had an 86 Mastercraft Power Slot that same color. A friend has it and it's going strong at 1,300 plus hours. A wonderful boat in my view. Throws some spray at shortline but the longline wake is wonderful. My wife who is at15 off and 30mph or less stll loves to catch a ride behind that boat

• Baller
The boat path looked a little left of center (driver perspective) which isn't doing you any harm but could eventually. I agree with @OB1 on gate, most important part of the pass hands down. Could be the wind making you cautious but I think you could bring your hips forward under your shoulders, they tend to be a little behind which is giving you a slight break at the waist through the wakes. Great skiing and if you can do it in that wind you'll crush it on glass!

• Baller

@ShererSkier with regards to carrying too much speed and winding up with slack my guess is that you are riding a flat ski for a second before getting on to the turning edge. It is a little tough to tell from the video but I thought I saw some of that at the 22 off pass. Too much speed and slack at the ball are frequently a result of either not holding/controlling the handle well or going flat when you come off the pulling edge.

If you hold strong through the white water and immediately switch to the turning edge you should have enough speed to carry out to the buoy and the ski will bleed off the speed to allow you to turn with a tight line.

• Baller

Thanks guys!

@RazorRoss3 I'll have to watch again to check the boat path, conditions were less than ideal that morning!

@Chef23 I think my handle control is probably the most inconsistent part of my skiing and I'm trying to get that down but I'll keep what you said about the transition in mind

Been waiting for a morning like this:

grq1m2frwjgv.jpg