Slalom handle advice

PurdueSkier

• Baller
I have been using masterline custom handles for several years. I have been getting good wear and life out of them but it's time for another new one. Does anyone have experience with the radar vapor handles? I like radar products and they stand behind them. The radar handle is available in the same width and diameter I have been using. It is also about $40-50 less. Do they hold up or should i just stick with Masterline.

Brenda at in tow has made my last few and they have been flawless. In fact all the guys I ski with use hers and loves them.

Let me add I am not knocking radar handles at all have used them and masterline and I have been on radar bindings for many years (3 editions) and now on their ski. Just really love in tow for ropes and handles.

• Baller_
@PurdueSkier : My Vapor handle seems fine so far but I don't have much time on it yet, wear on previous Radar handles seemed goood. Then again, being an Illini may influence how you interpret my feedback:)

Mmmmm? Trust reviews if ultimately biased about companies or products that support bos? Frowned upon to support one old lady hand making ropes in the USA vs large company's that mass produce in china? Mmmmm? I guess I understand what your saying. If it means anything, I have a radar rope, Goode powershells, and numerous orders from Perfski. I had a mastercraft, ooops.

• Administrators

@Conor I pay for my ropes and handles. I choose Masterline because I believe it is the best stuff. I know a lot of skiers like other products and that's just fine.

I often post "When practical please support the companies that support BallOfSpray". As an example of what I mean is as follows - D3 is not an advertiser and if you ski best on a D3 then you should get at D3. When you go to get your D3 if the price from PerfSki is the same as at other dealers please buy from @perfski .

• Baller

Masterline makes and uses the best quality rope, I don't think anybody else's is as good unless they buy it from Masterline. Core bars and rubber are also top quality with good grip and they last longer than some of the other brands.

Brass grommets is a minus, but almost everybody is using them, I hope they change to plastic soon.

No corrosive materials is a good thing for safety and longevity.

Also rubber peels off sometimes but I've heard that they stand behind there products.

I'm not saying that others don't make quality handles but for me it worth paying few extra bucks for a Masterline, usability is better and in the long run it costs less.

It's all constructive it helps masterline stay on top if we all talk how good intow is then they know it's time to.step up .so bos uses them as sponsor and hopefully they use bos as more than sales and get some product feedback is what there getting in exchange for sponsorship .

IMHO, you get what you pay for, In our group of skiers, 5 guys share one rope/handle until it's shot/unsafe. In 2016 we wore the masterline handle rubber down to a "customized grip" (Kevlar gloves) and no fray on the bridal line. We were happy with that quality, but tried to save $. Started 2017 with a new radar handle and have been unsatisfied with the product. Bridal line fray was the issue. No, the ski was not touching the rope to cause this, we protected the new line with poly tubing. Returned to manufacturer and got a new one. Same issue. The nylon strands pop under tension causing a fray issue. 2018 will start off with a new Masterline.