FlowPoint TV S4 E5: US Water Ski Nationals & Night Jump

Horton

• Administrators

If you water ski, you are aware that every year, once a year, the best amateur and pro skiers in the country converge on 1 location, somewhere in the United States, to test their talents and push their limits for a chance to stand on the podium, in their division,…and a lucky few get to be crowned National Champions.

This year, the US Water Ski Nationals were in San Marcos, TX, at San Marcos River Ranch. It was the perfect location, for an epic week of competition, camaraderie, laughs and life lessons.

This year, like last year, Nationals included a pretty wicked Night Jump event to close out the week….the best jumpers in America, sending it 210 feet off a 6′ ramp! You don’t see that every day…

Sit back, relax, and take a look at what the best water skiers in the country do with their 1 chance!

• Baller
Another great job by Marcus. Not to discount any efforts by the officials or organizers of the nationals this year, but Marcus was the hardest working man at nationals. I don't think he ever ate, drank, or even sat down. He was all over the place cameras in hand, but never too busy to take a pic with a kid, answer a question, or give a word of encouragement. He captures the emotions of the event and puts together a professional video every skier can relate to. Imagine what this sport would look like if everyone used their talents and poured their passion into it like Marcus does. Well Done Marcus, and big thanks to HO for their support of Flowpoint TV.

• Baller_
+1 what @Stevie Boy said. Good to see Nats put on a big event like Night Jump that coincides with it. Loved the Night Big Dawg at Okee Nats. Big crowds there too. It just makes sense for all involved ...especially sponsored.. if there's a big show to keep intersted spectators like these or the US Open.

• Baller_

Thanks all, for the nice words....hearing that people are actually watching and enjoying these FPTV episodes is one of the things that keeps me going.

@lottawatta you are probably exaggerating, but I really appreciate it. Enjoyed the heck out of your site in Ohio when we came thru with the F2F Tour back in the day. Thats the first time I saw Dane Mechler ski (he must have been like 11 or 12 then?) and I knew he was going to be a great skier! Was great seeing you last week! And of the record, there were plenty of people working way harder than me last week (and the weeks and months leading up to Nationals)....it was a great event, and I feel fortunate to have had a chance to showcase it through film.

@JordanOz thanks man....I seem to search long and hard for the right sounds and music for these episodes (sometimes days...), so it feels good to hear people are as stoked as I am on the music. The second song was "Freedom" by Kaleigh Baker

• Baller
@MarcusBrown I can imagine there is a huge amount of editing gone into that video that makes it so good. How many different clips are in that 5 minute video? I bet you spent a few hours putting it all together.