2018 Radar Vapor Review

Horton

• Administrators

@ms some stray came to my house and demo-ed a ski and wanted to keep it. Since I never sell (profit from) the skis that ski companies send me, all the $ went to Radar and I get to order a new one. Win/Win

Of anyone wants to come to Bako and try my 66" Pro Build let me know.

• Baller

@Horton. Was your initial review a 67?

Anyone use the short/deep fin numbers but move Bf closer to 29 5/8s or 29 15/16 on a 66? I struggle with getting over the front of the ski. I know it’s probably all bad form but like to move up further to help out a little bit. Closer to 29 3/4 might be pushing it but I’ll have to experiment and see where I fall on my face I guess.

@C5Quest I'll have to check my numbers, but I was having a similar issue. And I am pretty sure Andrew at McClintocks moved my boot back a touch to force me to get over the front. Might be something to look into if you're trying some different settings. I'll get back to you with my numbers.

• Baller
Thanks. You mean move forward? I’m interested in what you have. Actually I’m running numbers that Matt Rini gave me. They aren’t quite long/narrow or short/deep but 29 5/8 on the front binding. There is a point you go too far and either bury the tip or over compensate and get on the tail even more.

• Baller
From demo'ing in the shop....we use Matt's numbers and have had pretty good luck with our customers. From these settings however we find many customers end up pushing the boots forward to engage the tip of the ski. I'm sure if you reach out to Matt, send him a video of you skiing via text he will offer suggestions. If you want to go short / deep... Trent's numbers I believe are on the factory site. Sorry this isn't an exact answer, but hopefully some suggestions. @Swini_Skis