Ballers Needed for Beta Test of Fantasy Water Skiing!

JeffSurdej

• Baller
I'm running a beta test of Fantasy Waterskiing at the Open Worlds. Like fantasy football but with water skiing. If you want to play and give some feedback go to http://www.fantasy.ski and register for free, enter tournament, and draft a team. Each team gets $1,500,000 in salary cap to draft 2 MS, 2 WS, 2 MT, 2 WT, 2 WJ, and 2 MJ. Prelims and finals count. Each buoy is worth 2 FWS points, each trick worth .2 FWS points, and each jump foot worth 1 FWS point. Winner gets a free USAwaterski membership for 2018! Please keep in mind this is a beta version so design and features are limited but we hope to improve them based on your feedback. Let us know what you think!

• Baller

I am not a fan of any of the fantasy leagues and have never played them but i think it

is great @JeffSurdej is thinking up these ideas to help promote the sport. Jeff seems to be very open to trying new ideas and willing to change things that might not be working. I think he is doing a great job and with some time will really help the sport and AWSA.

• Baller

I was able to register no problem (Android chrome browser)

-The delete button seems to work sometimes, and sometimes it does not. Refreshing occasionally fixes it, but I currently have 2 entries that I haven't been able to remove

-I think the cap is higher than I expect. One nice thing about fantasy is it gets people to pay attention to lesser known people. I was surprised at my purchase power. I thought if I purchased Nate Smith, I would have to pick some scrubs for my other picks

-it seems like fun, if for no other reason than promoting when the next event is

• Baller
I was afraid the 1.5 million would be too high. We'll see how it goes. What I did was took the average of drafting the #8 #9 skier in each event to get 1.5. Slalom skiers have pretty high values pretty far down the list in tricks and jump. I think b/c the buoy counts are so close

• Baller
We have opened drafting back up so if you still want to make changes or you did not get a chance to draft because it was past the deadline you can still do so, in fact, you can make changes at anytime, but skiers who have already skied will not be draftable.

• Baller
Noticed some good skiers for bargain costs. Filchenko in tricks for 50k. Really??? Relative to others he was a bargain. I must not have been paying close attention to costs. 600 for each point is too low. Look at your team and see what the cost per point is. Closer to 620 to 640. Heck call it 650. Did sledges score in trick get updated to reflect the 8900 points vs the 8100 that was first posted. I like the idea. Good beta tests and fun for bragging rights. Got my butt kicked in ms. JT nuvue and kolmann way below expectations. Ugh.