Connelly Carbon V length

jercrane

• Baller

Now that I'm finally getting on the water more regularly I think its time to retire my ancient Connelly Concept. Have my eyes on the Carbon V but the length options have me stuck. My Concept is a 66, which they don't even produce anymore, just 65 and 67. The V comes in 65 and 67. Connelly says the 65 is for up to 160 lb skier and the 67 is 160 and over. Here's the rub. I weigh 160. I know the answer is go demo them both but I have no option to do that since I'm in NE and shops simply don't stock them. Gets in the way of selling Tubes I guess.

I'm a 34 mph old guy (44), skiing about 70% open water/30% course. 22 off is my sweet spot but I'd like to start pushing myself more.

Any guidance?

• Baller

I went from an old 66" Connelly HP to a 67" Connelly V a few years ago. I weigh about 170 but am pretty tall (if that makes a difference). I ski 30-34mph in the course and just recently started shortening to -22, but mostly ski -15. I definitely would not want to go shorter than 67" for me. I'm on the Radar Senate now, but it is similar to the V I was on previously.

I think you will find that essentially all the mid-range skis are only offered in 2" increments. Makes it a bit tougher if you are on the ends of the recommended size ranges, for sure. Are you successfully running passes at -22 at 34mph in the course? If you like to freeski at 34mph but have to slow down to 30 or 32 in the course, you might be happier on the 67".