Ski Watch Tourney this weekend

MillerTime38

• Baller

See u there...happy to also put a dent in some of @MS beer. Always a great time at skiwatch. Great people, cool site.

My tourney PB there! Not going to hit it this year fresh off injured reserve and a season I wasn't supposed to ski...but I'm going to throw down a pass or two.

Let's make sure to crack a beer together (MS beer of course).

• Baller

My first record tourney and I wasn't setting any...but it was really cool to watch some of the best get it done in person. I'm sure I will leave people out and if so geez tons of apologies I'll get you a beer next time.

Let's see 39's let me count thee? Ok there were a lot by the big guns that came out to play. @CParrish43 , @Luzz , Mechler, Regina. Can't remember if @Chad_Scott got one in the tourney but saw him into 41 in practice as well. I was fun to watch Jay Leach, too, and Mike Morgan. Regina ran 39 all 3 rounds and legit 3rd round she got the start and I think everyone thought the record was gonna fall...so close. CP also had a monster run going everyone (including him I believe) thought he was gonna run 41...geez he makes 39 look chill. Luzz smoked 39. Dane Mechler really looked awesome though lost his palm skin out of 3 ball at 41...and what a nice guy. If I remember right he ran 39 every time his ski hit the water.

The more mortal skiers were also fun to hang out with and ski with once again. Some amazing young skiers as always and some PB's upped....always fun to watch Sean (sp) Hunter and laugh at his Chad-Dad...he's pretty funny but don't tell him I said so...well funny lookin' anyway--love ya Chad. The lake 38 crew rocks; Kim Wilson Pb'd and Keith found a new ski. Dan Shockey (sp) drove all the way from Nashville to bring a cool Nautique promo and his 9 y.o. son ran buoys at 22 off for a PB, too...very cool.

Class C 3 round the next day was fun and with even better conditions...which explains why I got one more buoy (ok it was luck).

I realize some of you are exposed to record tourneys with piles of top level skiers and have seen performances live like the above...but I simply have not...it was SO COOL.

So...for you ballers out there it's worth the price of admission to ski a record tourney and/or go watch one. Wow are the best skiers amazing to watch. I wasn't treated any differently at the starting dock of a record tourney than the class C the following day...just go have fun, ski it up, and watch some amazing performances.

• Baller
I agree with @6balls -- great weekend! Thanks to Chad and Dan for bringing boats! We can't ski without them! I was not at all consistent, but happy to put three of my six weekend scores into 38 off with a 1.5, 3, and 3.5. Given that I've hardly skied, have not practiced any 38s (and not many 35s for the year either), I was satisfied to just be able to ski all six rounds. That's a wrap for me on the smallest ski season I've had in 20 years. For now, back to the gym, one more month of chemotherapy, and then we watch and wait. Thanks to all for the encouragement, prayers, and positive thoughts! You are all the best!

• Baller

I failed to mention, that first picture is Regina rounding 2 ball @41. That's the best shape I've seen her in at 2. I was sure she was going to turn 3 until she came out of the second wake.

I also failed to ski on Sunday, which I really wanted to do. I went home, tried to "fix something" and ended up bouncing the ski off my face and shin, and a light shot to the busted ankle. I was going to run into -32 on Sunday, no question. I'm pretty sure the full beard saved me from multiple stitches. Guess they serve a purpose.

Thanks again to Dan and Chad for the boats, and to all involved for a great first record tourney at Ski Watch.